The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 391,454 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Looked it up before buying, and saw that it is better than the Criterion DVD at least. Criterion hasn't put out a Blu-ray. :-\

Cvalda

Cvalda

They were actually about to, and then Studio Canal snatched back the rights, cancelling the Criterion Blu-ray. Bastards.

Nightmare Asylum

That sucks. Hopefully they get the rights back in the future.

I'm just really in the mood to check out more of Kurosawa's films after finishing Seven Samurai, and I remembered that this one came with your recommendation.

Cvalda

Cvalda

>_>

Aspie

Aspie

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhh didn't they remake Patrick? :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Yup, with a fantastic Pino Donaggio score (the director was apparently trying to channel De Palma :P). Haven't seen the remake yet but it is Pino so I must buy. I'll prolly see the movie itself soon.

Aspie

Aspie

DAMN rotten tomatoes loves the remake  :o 83%

Cvalda

Cvalda

Hmm, might watch it this weekend actually, between all the other stuff I gotta find time to see  :P

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on May 03, 2014, 01:37:47 AM

How much did that set you back? Wow. Must post pictures of it when you get it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I already have Box 4, it's great.

I run an evil scheme where I salvage the scores that I actually want in the box and then sell the others off on eBay at high prices to recoup the cost :laugh:

Screen Archives Entertainment has all the sets at really decent prices. I bought a used copy of that set for $99.

Bat Chain Puller

I trust you copy the rest to your hard drive at least (for prosperity)  :laugh:

Great scheme btw.

Cvalda

Cvalda

eBay scalping is how I fuel my habit for expensive esoteric CD and Blu-ray goodness :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

bought a WY shirt, Umbrella Corp shirt, and Vitruvian ewok shirt.

Nightmare Asylum

Seen a few clips before and was highly intrigued, but never got the opportunity to see the full film. Figured I might as well change that.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 03, 2014, 12:48:24 PM

Seen a few clips before and was highly intrigued, but never got the opportunity to see the full film. Figured I might as well change that.
I have only seen it once, which was a few months ago. Pretty good, if a bit bleak. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed