The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,485 times)

FiorinaFury161

^ Wonder why Alan Dean Foster didn't write A:R. His versions of the first 3 are great!

Ordered more Japanese candy and snacks yesterday. Will post what they are when they arrive.

[cancerblack]

I'm guessing fox wanted a cheaper author? Or maybe ADF was just busy.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 07, 2013, 10:35:41 PM
^ Wonder why Alan Dean Foster didn't write A:R. His versions of the first 3 are great!
QuoteCorporal Hicks – Did you get offered the Alien Resurrection or the Alien vs Predator novelizations? If so why did you turn them down?

Alan Dean Foster – I was asked to do Resurrection. Because of the problems I experienced in writing 3, I turned it down. I'm a bit regretful now (but only a bit). It was better than 3. I was not offered the A vs. P books, which is just as well. I would have disliked being a party to simultaneously demolishing not one but two important SF film franchises.

From an interview on the site.

Last thing I bought was a GoPro, Hero 3 silver edition thingahoosit. It's much lovely.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: SiL on Aug 07, 2013, 10:56:08 PM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 07, 2013, 10:35:41 PM
QuoteCorporal Hicks – Did you get offered the Alien Resurrection or the Alien vs Predator novelizations? If so why did you turn them down?

Alan Dean Foster – I was asked to do Resurrection. Because of the problems I experienced in writing 3, I turned it down. I'm a bit regretful now (but only a bit). It was better than 3. I was not offered the A vs. P books, which is just as well. I would have disliked being a party to simultaneously demolishing not one but two important SF film franchises.

From an interview on the site.

Last thing I bought was a GoPro, Hero 3 silver edition thingahoosit. It's much lovely.
Thank you, problem solved! Also, Thank you to ADF for not being associated with a demolishing party...

Also you have the word of the day: thingahoosit !

DC

DC

Food

Nightmare Asylum

First Blood

They really crank up the humor in Season Three.

"I am Batman." :D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Aug 08, 2013, 07:42:24 PM
Excellent. Lauren Cohan shows up every now and then in Season 3. :)

<3

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 08, 2013, 09:37:59 PM
They really crank up the humor in Season Three.

"I am Batman." :D

Since the announcement that he wants to play Batman, I've been dying to hear that line in context :D

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Bought 2 Evil Dead shirts from Hot Topic. So much YES.

FiorinaFury161

I have a new member joining the Tears For Fears tour shirt collection!

Predator Queen

Some Thai food.

adb142

adb142

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 07, 2013, 10:35:41 PMOrdered more Japanese candy and snacks yesterday. Will post what they are when they arrive.
The goodies in today's post:

Rose flavored gum
Bubblicious White Ramune Soda flavor
Pringles Hawaiian BBQ flavor
Doritos Pepper Salami flavor

My goodness, Japan not only has the future on candy discovered, they have the future of gum and chips too!

Predator Queen

The Relic on VHS

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed