The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 392,985 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Only ever seen the Director's Cut (once) and the Final Cut (quite a few times). Final Cut will likely remain my favorite, but its going to be interesting checking out the other versions (and that much lauded narration! :D ).

Can't wait to dive into all the bonus features as well.

SpaceMarines

I DON'T KNOW WHY HE SAVED ME ON THAT ROOFTOP...

tavianini19

tavianini19

I've only seen the Directors Cut, should probably watch the original, even though many don't like it as much.

Nightmare Asylum

I barely remember the Director's Cut, to be honest. To me the Final Cut is the film.

tavianini19

tavianini19

I thoroughly enjoyed the Directors Cut. It told a fantastic story, I think one of the main differences is the narration, it's been omitted in the Directors Cut. 

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: tavianini19 on Sep 21, 2014, 08:57:21 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the Directors Cut. It told a fantastic story, I think one of the main differences is the narration, it's been omitted in the Directors Cut.

If I'm recalling it right...it is more graphic. You see Roy actually pushing his thumbs thru Tyrell's eye sockets and the crushing of the skull.

So far I like the final cut...though I still have not watched all 5 versions. I bought the Decker case box set with Unicorn..Car...and some other goodies. :)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 20, 2014, 11:32:45 PM
An unexpected deal brought this to me.

More of these? Careful, because as a great prophet once said -

tavianini19

tavianini19

Tyler Durdan is a prophet?

Eva

Eva

Quote from: tavianini19 on Sep 21, 2014, 09:24:54 PM
Tyler Durdan is a prophet?

No, but Tyler Durden is. ;)

Vickers

Vickers

Did anyone else catch a whiff of Shade? ;D

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Vickers on Sep 21, 2014, 09:49:50 PM
Did anyone else catch a whiff of Shade? ;D
More than a whiff  :D

Nightmare Asylum

Haven't seen it and I'm not expecting too much, but I need it for a paper I'm going to be writing comparing it with the '41 film.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 25, 2014, 01:46:14 AM

Haven't seen it and I'm not expecting too much, but I need it for a paper I'm going to be writing comparing it with the '41 film.

I will never ever understand that hatred for this movie. It's my absolute favorite movie in regards to the "Classic" monsters.

Nightmare Asylum

Cool. I know some other folks here like it as well (if I remember correctly Omega is a fan).

I love the original, and have been curious about the update for a while. This finally gives me an excuse to actually sit down and watch it. :P

Shasvre

Shasvre

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed