The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 390,039 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 06, 2013, 04:26:26 PM
Can't wait to sink my teeth into these.
Sinking teeth into CDs? Are you related to Eega Beeva in any way?

SpaceMarines

Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, yes.

Cal427eb

Nightmare Asylum

The holographic 3D image of Tom Cruise on the cover is quite awesome 8)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 06, 2013, 05:14:12 PM
Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, yes.
Pnice. Pdidn't expect pthat.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 06, 2013, 04:26:26 PM

Can't wait to sink my teeth into these.

I'm actually curious. How much do you get out of Undead Nightmare on it's own? I downloaded it as DLC and didn't buy it as a disc so I wouldn't know.

To be more precise, do you still get normal multiplayer on that disc alone? Because there is no Zombie free roam from what I know ( there is however Undead Overrun mode in which 4 people fight wave after wave of zombies).

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

The unrated DVD of Postal just came in the mail to me. And it came with a bonus disc; the PC game of Postal2.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 06, 2013, 01:50:02 PM
That's a beautiful cover... still need to see it.

Rong

Rong

hd rips on the net sweeps check it out its down your alley.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 07, 2013, 02:23:38 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 06, 2013, 01:50:02 PM
Me too. Heard it was pretty decent. Think it looks cooler than derp Edge of Tomorrow lol.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 07, 2013, 02:23:38 AM

Yup, definitely down your alley, Sweeps. While it has a few things that come across as being a bit forced, the story is very interesting and the visuals are absolutely stunning. It should look fantastic on Blu Ray.

If you're looking for that cover in particular, here in the States it's a Target exclusive slipcover. I don't know how/if they're releasing it in Canada.

Rong

Rong

Visually its amazing...

Narratively its so so

and performance wise

Spoiler

it's all cruise control

[close]

Nightmare Asylum

I really don't find Tom Cruise to be that bad an actor, honestly :P

I just looked at my review that I posted when I watched the film in theaters... I described it as feeling a bit like "Moon on a larger scale meets The Terminator with the visual style of Tron Legacy".

I actually found a lot of the philosophy intertwined with the story to be quite interesting. It wasn't particularly revolutionary, per say, but it was handled very well and was quite intriguing throughout.

SIMULANT

SIMULANT

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 07, 2013, 02:54:34 AM
I really don't find Tom Cruise to be that bad an actor, honestly :P

I just looked at my review that I posted when I watched the film in theaters... I described it as feeling a bit like "Moon on a larger scale meets The Terminator with the visual style of Tron Legacy".

I actually found a lot of the philosophy intertwined with the story to be quite interesting. It wasn't particularly revolutionary, per say, but it was handled very well and was quite intriguing throughout.

Same director as Tron:Legacy probably why it has the same style to it. Its visually stunning film but to be honest I was disappointed with the story. Borrowed heavily from too many movies and I found certain characters to be pointless. Not bad a film but could have been one of those great films. Also agree not sure where the hate from Tom Cruise comes from, he's an actor and does a good job. Anything outside of that should not come into it.

[cancerblack]

Because I never bothered to read them before:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed