What was the last album, ep, single etc that you bought!

Started by Keg, Jun 07, 2011, 08:48:04 PM

Author
What was the last album, ep, single etc that you bought! (Read 51,434 times)

Space Sweeper

Don't know how I missed out on Dark Night of the Soul for so long, but Undun just came out; loving both of them.

Shasvre

Effectz

I dont buy Album's anymore some people will disagree with that but with the internet around every corner i just download them directly into my brain.

Pn2501

Nujabes - Spiritual state

RIP Jun

Quote from: Effectz on Dec 07, 2011, 08:42:49 AM
I dont buy Album's anymore some people will disagree with that but with the internet around every corner i just download them directly into my brain.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pw-dAPdRNT0/TVtWqd1VgyI/AAAAAAAAPP0/sdjsOeEGbas/s1600/johnny_mnemonic-w3.jpg

if i like em i buy em.

Space Sweeper

I'll buy them if I want to support the artist(s).

Effectz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 07, 2011, 08:53:28 AM

Will they be your friend then?they have enough money,If i want to support them,ill pay for a ticket to see them at concert.

Space Sweeper

Let's not get ridiculous here. If nobody supported an artist, there would be no art produced; so I choose to contribute to supporting them.

ditto, i might not always buy an album right away, but i will probably buy it eventually, this is especially the case with music i discover a long time after it's released, whereas brand new stuff i will buy in order to help their release day sales figures, which although not always important to the band, is important to the label.

as for seeing bands in concert, i only go to a couple of "concerts" a year, and i go to a music festival where the money is split amongst every band, most of whom I don't see and possibly don't like.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Effectz on Dec 07, 2011, 09:02:38 AM

Will they be your friend then?they have enough money,If i want to support them,ill pay for a ticket to see them at concert.

That sentiment is exactly why James Murphy decided to call it a day for LCD Soundsystem. Hugelu popular band, with a huge following but not in the "mainstream" where they could sell insane amounts of records. They had to make their money from gigs and in the end he got fed up of the state of the music industry where any old crap pop music can make millions while artists like themselves get critical acclaim and a huge fanbase but not much else. He just couldnt see the point anymore.

You have to remember not every artist earns ridiculous money. Those in the pop charts regularly, certainly do and youre right it isnt going to hurt global superstars but it does hold back the little guys who dont have the advantage of the mass appeal. Without people buying their music we wouldnt get new acts breaking through because they would never get the chance.

Space Sweeper

On a bit of a spree lately. Looking to the 'How the f**k don't I have this already' zone.

Shasvre

Just pre-ordered this.

Lie

Dragonflies-and-Dalmatians

The last single I bought was Florence and the Machine, Shake it Off. Great song :-D

Keg

Quote from: springsteensgirl on Dec 13, 2011, 07:08:04 PM
The last single I bought was Florence and the Machine, Shake it Off. Great song :-D

Sorry I'm not in the know with regards to Florence and the Machine, I'm not really a fan (infact for some reason she annoys the f**k out of me) but if its the one that's been getting alot of radio play in the UK recently its f**king marvellous.

Anyway just picked a few CD's today:

FabricLive.30 - Stanton Warriors
Boys Noize - The Remixes
Discodeine - Discodeine
The Black Keys - El Camino

I've been meaning to pick up Discodeine's album all year after hearing Synchronize with Jarvis Cocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCFtl2CTdw#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed