Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul

Started by Space Sweeper, Jun 04, 2011, 04:29:15 AM

Author
Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul (Read 152,599 times)

BlueMarsalis79

The best thing on the telly.

Nightmare Asylum

The title of next week's episode is:

Spoiler
"Breaking Bad."

Fitting, given that Saul's debut in Breaking Bad is titled "Better Call Saul."
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Now the circle is complete

Nightmare Asylum

The titles of the last few episodes have been revealed:

Spoiler
Tom Schnauz's 611 is, as we know, "Breaking Bad." Vince Gilligan's 612 is "Waterworks," and Peter Gould's 613 is "Saul Gone."
[close]

I am SO scared of what is in store...

BlueMarsalis79

Oh god I can't wait

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oh my God, I hate this show.... it's the best thing on television, and my heart was pounding out of my chest a mile a minute. This show is going to kill me.

Spoiler
"But she asked?"

Jimmy just.... won't change. And it breaks my heart.
[close]

EDIT, more:

Spoiler

He really was just... Walt, in this episode. Total ego trip, building something up for himself and in a moment's notice, tearing it down in his own hubris.

The phone conversation with Kim just setting him off into this descent that I honestly never saw coming is breaking my heart.... and once again fulfilling Chuck's cyclical, age-old prophecy about good ol' Slippin' Jimmy.

Gene conning the cancer patient is gross and heartbreaking in the way that him conning Irene was gross and heartbreaking, and conning Chuck was gross and heartbreaking, and conning Howard was gross and heartbreaking. And speaking of Howard, Jesse's "Who's Lalo?" really made my skin crawl. This also totally reframes how Saul saw Walt, the sort of walking dead cancer patient that he can play to his own tune. Only we know things don't go that way in Breaking Bad, but as Gene here he still uses that same slimy philosophy to make himself accept what he's doing, telling himself that the guy will be dead before he even knows what hit him. He bit off way more than he bargained for with Walt, but with the mindset he's in now, rejected by Kim and with nothing to lose, looking down on this guy that he (seemingly) KNOWS he can take advantage of?
[close]

EDIT, yet again, this time regarding speculation for next week, based on next week's episode's title and info from tonight's episode:

Spoiler
God, it all just clicked. Next week's episode is titled "Waterworks" and tonight established that Kim works at a place called Palm Coast Sprinklers. I uhhhhhh.... I think we might be catching up with Kim next week......

I almost have to wonder if there's a chance that "Waterworks" is entirely a Kim episode, it might even give us the the opportunity to actually listen in on that phone conversation in the process (that'll provide some waterworks all right), and then save things so we maybe don't catch up with Gene in the middle of that break in until the finale.
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

I'm just exhausted. Physically and emotionally exhausted. Waterworks, yeah, indeed.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I haven't gotten around to watching any of the episodes since "Axe and Grind", been keeping up with what's happening though. A lot to take in, not sure how to feel about it or how things will end.

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Real, honest to God regret.
[close]

That was Something Beautiful.

BlueMarsalis79

What a perfect ending... for the third time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed