Video Game Series You Thought Went Downhill?

Started by Ratchetcomand, May 30, 2011, 05:45:35 PM

Author
Video Game Series You Thought Went Downhill? (Read 12,651 times)

TJ Doc

Huol

TJ Doc

I've only played the first MGS (Twin Snakes version), so I'll be quietly looking forward to that collection.

Even if it is, like, 70% cutscenes.  :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The first MGS game is not even part of the collection. They added Peace Walker instead.

DoomRulz

Why would they? It's not a PS2 game and it was already remade in HD for GameCube.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

What about the newbies that are new to the series? Can't believe no one mention Castlevania? Once the series went into 3D then the games where not the same any more to me and I started to get sick of metroidvania type of gameplay that was keep on being used later on in the series.

TJ Doc

That's why I loved Lords of Shadow so much. Moved away from the metroidvania style and took the series right back to its glory days on the NES and SNES.

Keg

MGS2, MGS3 & Peacewalker to get HD versions for PS3? If thats true im absolutely buzzing. I wasnt expecting MGS to get the treatment anyway and I own a Gamecube for Twin Snakes so im fine with that. And the original MGS is available on the PSN Store anyway. I own the original as well by the way.

Peace Walker excites me the most actually because it was f**king fantastic and getting to play it with a proper control scheme and the fact alot of people will get to play it who havnt had the chance is great news.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I do agree with the Tekken series going downhill a bit. Tekken 1 was meh, Tekken 2 was a good sequel, Tekken 3 was amazing, Tag Team was decent, Tekken 4 sucked, Tekken Advanced sucked, and Tekken 5 was awesome. Tekken 6 was a major letdown to me since I hated the clunky gameplay, the long loading times, the boring new story, terrible story endings, and bland new characters. Tekken 5 was epic and I was looking forward how Tekken 6 was going to turn out.

Valaquen

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 03, 2011, 06:37:30 PM
The first MGS game is not even part of the collection. They added Peace Walker instead.
You're getting a voucher for MGS1 with the Collection, according to Metal Gear fan forums.

Space Sweeper

Halo

ಠ_ಠ

Aeus

Space Sweeper

DoomRulz

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 06, 2011, 07:29:27 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 03, 2011, 06:37:30 PM
You're getting a voucher for MGS1 with the Collection, according to Metal Gear fan forums.

Hopefully it's not limited to Japan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed