Would you like AVP3 to reveal what happened to the characters in AVP & AVPR?

Started by predxeno, May 16, 2011, 06:41:02 PM

Would you like AVP3 to reveal what happened to the characters in AVP & AVPR?

Yes
13 (31.7%)
No
28 (68.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Would you like AVP3 to reveal what happened to the characters in AVP & AVPR? (Read 8,178 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I certainly would like to see what happened to Alexa in an hypothetical third AvP film.
Or just set it in the future and jazz like that.

Stalker

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 18, 2011, 01:09:01 PM
I certainly would like to see what happened to Alexa in an hypothetical third AvP film.

Why? She was such a dull character. Even Kelly from AvP-R had more personality.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stalker on May 18, 2011, 01:22:07 PM
Why?
Because I liked her character. I liked her personality, and IMHO Sanaa Lathan pulled a good performance.
I honestly can't remember much of Kelly, but I don't remember all that more personality or development myself.

Stalker

I just think Sanaa Lathan is one of the most bland, cardboard actresses around. I have zero interest in ever seeing her near an Alien or Predator film again.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Stalker on May 18, 2011, 01:41:08 PM
I just think Sanaa Lathan is one of the most bland, cardboard actresses around. I have zero interest in ever seeing her near an Alien or Predator film again.

I thought Lathan gave a powerful, emotional performance.  AVP also left an opening for her character to develop further in a another movie.  For example, the transformation of Linda Hamilton's character from T1 to T2 was from soft to powerful.  There is room in the story for something similar and from what she gave us in AVP I think she can pull it off as an actress.  Just my opinion though  :-\ 

SM

In order for her to develop further, she needed to start developing in the first place.  Which she didn't.  She was the same tough chick at the end as she was at the start.  There was no change in her character whatsoever.

I don't think Lathan's a bad actress as such, but she had very little to work with beyond "hit mark, say line".

Spaghetti

Reboot. Reboot is the only way to go.

Burn everything from those past shit stains and start fresh. All the lore, and the characters created from those two "films" can burn away and be forgotten forever.

CavatinaTheXeno

Started again with new characters and better plots..... gee Alien resurrection was far better. ;)

Stalker

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on May 18, 2011, 07:37:07 PM
I thought Lathan gave a powerful, emotional performance. 

I think they could have replaced her with a plank of wood & the movie wouldn't have been any worse. 

Ghostface

Quote from: Stalker on May 19, 2011, 07:19:37 AM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on May 18, 2011, 07:37:07 PM
I thought Lathan gave a powerful, emotional performance. 

I think they could have replaced her with a plank of wood & the movie wouldn't have been any worse.

I dont think she was the worst charcter we've seen so far, but yeah, she was bland as f**k. Weyland was the only charcter I cared about in the whole film, and that was only for nostalgia reasons. His bodyguard/pimp was disappointing. I usually like him as an actor but again, he was nothing special.

If they had to make AVP3 and it had to tie into the others, I'd like to see what happened to Grid. I'm still pissed that Anderson left the main Alien character to presumably die off screen. What a waste...

Stalker

I'd rather they just start fresh with a new film, no subtitles, no numbers.

If it absolutely had to tie in, I'd like to see more of Wolf (maybe a prequel?) He was by far the most interesting character between the two films.

SiL

It would be nice to see why Wolf's handler wasn't around to stop him stealing the car to do the big boys' job.

Stalker

Quote from: SiL on May 19, 2011, 08:17:04 AM
It would be nice to see why Wolf's handler wasn't around to stop him stealing the car to do the big boys' job.

I still don't get the criticism for Wolf, he was the only great part of the movie.

SiL

He survived only because he met the one thing in the universe more inept than he was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed