What do you think of a plot twist where Alien-infected humans become zombies?

Started by predxeno, Apr 24, 2011, 07:47:06 PM

What do you think of a plot twist where Alien-infected humans become zombies?

Sounds Great
1 (3.2%)
Good idea, just not in the AVP franchise
1 (3.2%)
Maybe, if presented right
7 (22.6%)
NO!!!  Sounds horrible!!!!  Run for your lives!!!!!
22 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
What do you think of a plot twist where Alien-infected humans become zombies? (Read 19,385 times)

Space Sweeper

Prison_Mike

Predxeno, if you back up, you will realize you are against a wall.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 26, 2011, 12:53:52 AM
Fox has never said that otherwise and all their actions (the shelling out of AVP movies, games, books, and other merchandise) indicates that they consider everything they release to be canon.

That indicates absolutely jack-shit other than Fox likes to make money.

Prison_Mike

Predxeno is smarter then Stephen Hawking. He can make everything canon using logic.

predxeno

Quote from: Prison_Mike on Apr 26, 2011, 02:11:29 AM
Predxeno, if you back up, you will realize you are against a wall.

When I called for people to back me up, I meant "support me".

Space Sweeper

predxeno

Sorry, for a moment I thought Prison_Mike didn't. :-[

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 25, 2011, 08:44:22 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 25, 2011, 07:24:19 PM
can't expect to limit his visionary ideas with our tired scientific knowledge and common sense.

There are a lot of things in the Alien movies that don't make sense unless retcon is involved.  If I remember correctly, I read that there is no scientific way to actually make the motion tracker in Aliens cause it's impossible.  Yet I don't let that ruin the entire movie for me.  I retcon it in saying that we don't think it's possible now, but the discovery of Predator technology in AVPR helped make what was once impossible to become possible.  Technological advances have done it before.  Either way my point is; if you apply too much "scientific knowledge and common sense" into this franchise, the EU won't be the only casualty, the movies will fall to pieces as well and then what was once a great franchise will become a movie set of wistful thinking and impossiblities.  Every major franchise has contradictions (even in the canon areas of the franchise), just accept that and try to find a way to fit everything together; that's how I allow EU to be canon.

Remember this is the future, I know it's not that far but look 100 years back, we didn't really have ipods and blackberries, back then people didn't even think such things were possible, so in 100 years time we might discover a way to track something by motion, who knows, there is still alot to learn about science, we have made an incredible advancement in technology in the past few years, in 1950 people didn't have computers or phones, but we have them now, just a few decades later, so imagine what we can come up in the future with what we have now, we can probably advance even faster. Now to be honest I have no idea how a motion tracker would work lol, but it could be possible in the next 100 or so years.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Prison_Mike on Apr 25, 2011, 07:12:00 PM
Predxeno is to stupid to be a troll, not even an EDiot.

^This is not OK, Prison Mike. The hard core knowledgable fans here all have their opinions regarding the games, the comics, and the films so there is no need to insult someone for not sharing yours.  He doesn't need to be mistreated.

From the view of an old school nerd ( :-[ ) I can appreciate the EU and also those who know it inside and out, like Predxeno. If he wants to start colorful topics and implement comics and games into his universe, so what?

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 26, 2011, 02:06:59 AM
I didn't say I wanted to enjoy the 2 seperately, I said I would like to pick and choose.  All fans would like to do that, but they can't eliminate 1 source simply because they don't like it, it doesn't work that way.  Somebody back me up.

Absolutely my friend.  As much as I would like to eliminate sources from the EU ( Deadly of Species) I just can't and have to accept it is part of the franchise I love so much {sigh}.

The Alien Predator

I seperated the avp universe intro three:

The first includes movies and just the movies.

The second is all eu, including comics and games, and i change the massive contradictions by using my imagination lol.

And the third is what Predxeno did, add movies, games and everything eu into one (except for crossovers like batman, vs predator etc) it's not that hard when you can get rid of or change contradictions by pretending they didn't happen or something else happened etc.

Prison Mike, you are being a little harsh on Predxeno, if he likes it the way he does, let him. There's nothing we can do to change his opinion, someone said he is 12 anyway. And the first thing he saw apparently was avp or avp r so to him that is a classic, just like to us it is Alien and Predator etc. To be frank I actually enjoyed avp r, I didn't "Like" it but I enjoyed it simply because it had some new ideas about Predator weaponry, and because I love Aliens and Predators, but I didn't like the characters or the fact the Predalien barfed facehuggers, I thought the abomination was simply going to be a xenomorph birthed from a Predator but it turned out to be a love child between a Predator and a Xenomorph rather than a true Xeno from a Yautja host.

Prison_Mike

You all need to calm down, Prison Mike didn't go to prison for nuthin'.

OT: Predxeno, you are annoying everyone, I do not speak for everyone, but I KNOW that you need to stop with these threads or more hostility will happen.

And it is due to your amazingly stupid behavior. I do not mean to insult, but it is VERY stupid.

You think Fox is "God" in your own words.

You can't seperate the two universes simply because Fox said so when they never did.

You said you wanted to seperate them, but "Fox wouldn't let you"

Can you not see how absurd this all sounds, and how you can annoy someone, and how you are looked at as a complete joke/fool? Especially on an AVP Fan Forum?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Mike, please calm down.
Fact that it is stupid is subjective. Predxeno isn't a fool by any means, he just has a different view from yours.

Peace out.

Prison_Mike

Predxeno is a fool, because he said he wants to change the way he sees the franchise, ergo seperate them, but says no because Fox isn't letting him, and even comparing Fox to God.

Tell me, how is that NOT silly? It isn't about diffrent view point, it's that I am trying to tell him he can seperate the two.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He used the term 'God' purely as a direct metaphor of how FOX is the one that 'decides' what 'is' and what 'isn't'. I disagree with him, but that's his point of view.
Please stop with the name calling, too.

Prison_Mike

I am not name calling, I am simply saying facts.

I am saying that Predxeno doesn't have a point of view, he has the point of view of Fox, not his own. And even adding fake quotes of Fox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed