The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,292 times)

Master

Master

Just make Season 9. Let it begin with Denerys waking up just before the Battle of Winterfell and her realising how hard they are going to f**k up. But as a twist make Night King ( and maybe Brann) see into her dream ;)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I wouldn't be opposed to HBO redoing Season 8 though if GRRM actually finished the books. Sure everyone would have to suspend a bit of disbelief with their increase in age, but tell me everyone wouldn't tune in for that, especially if it's a promise to end it right?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jun 04, 2019, 01:44:10 PM
HBO wanted 10 Seasons, D&D wanted out.

I don't understand why Bryan Cogman didn't replace them as showrunner.

^ THIS

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

My guess is egotism, and contractual obligation.
But I won't badmouth them, they're human after all and who knows,
they probably expected another book by GRRM by Season IV and they were running on vapours ever since. If they got exhausted writing, that's ironic.

The Old One

The Old One

Vertigo

Vertigo

There were only four people in the Thrones writers' room, and Cogman was one of them. I'm not sure we'd have seen a dramatic increase in quality unless they'd brought a bunch of new writers in.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe they decided that less was more.  Perhaps they thought HBO wanting more GoT was like MGM wanting the Hobbit stretched out to a trilogy.

The Old One

The Old One

We'll never know their intention.
Only the PR version.

I don't necessarily even think they needed more time, it's just utilized incorrectly.
They essentially had the runtime of three films to work with afterall.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Agreed.  There's also the possibility that they were afraid of franchise fatigue setting in if they didn't wrap it up sooner rather than later.  I'm sure many fans would have stuck with it for ten or more seasons, but milking it for that long may have ended up backfiring.

The Old One

The Old One

Franchise fatigue is inevitable, but I don't know anyone who thought "Please let it die" about GoT, as with TWD.
At least honestly until that final meandering episode.

I wouldn't want ten more years, but I'd happily prefer an even longer break between 1-7 and 8,
if it meant they got the final Season right.

The writing is the most important aspect and unfortunately,
"The past is already written. The ink is dry."

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 04, 2019, 01:44:30 PM
Unfortunately true.
Aw lawd, Lindsay Ellis comin'
https://i.imgur.com/kFPsjIr.png

I wish she wouldn't waste her time, there are loads of "This sucks! Worst thing ever!" video essays littering Youtube with millions of views. She usually does more interesting things.

The Old One

The Old One

If Lindsay Ellis feels strongly about it and has something interesting to say which undoubtedly will be the case,
I say go ahead.

The Charity thing alone, as a refutation of the media's pigeonholing of fans and fan criticism,
I think is noteworthy enough in of itself.

I imagine it'll partially be a follow-up to previous works on the subjects of the Death of the Author, Manufacturing Authenticity as well as a spiritual successor to three part The Hobbit exploration.
They're a literary mind first and foremost and often presenter of "It's Lit" by PBS digital studios after all.
https://youtu.be/_zfLa9s4pMI

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

If Game of Thrones was made in the nineties.....

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Rewatching the whole thing ATM, just watched the scene when Tyrion explains to Bronn what a loan is.

Spoiler
Good to know somebody who does not know how a basic loan works, gets to be master of coin later  :D
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed