The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,009 times)

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 14, 2019, 08:21:46 AM

Also, I hope your pm-bragging was a joke.

Oh dear. Of course it was a joke. You really did for a moment think people go around pm'ing other people giving a review of their posts?

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Biomechanoid on May 14, 2019, 04:21:51 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on May 14, 2019, 08:21:46 AM

Also, I hope your pm-bragging was a joke.

Oh dear. Of course it was a joke. You really did for a moment think people go around pm'ing other people giving a review of their posts?

Who said anything about reviews? I had people agreeing with me on a subject over pm. So I guess it happens.

Voodoo Magic

I must have missed the punchline.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 14, 2019, 04:32:09 PM
Who said anything about reviews?

Review. Opinion. Input. Take your pick. Regardless, it was a joke.

I had people agreeing with me on a subject over pm. So I guess it happens.

I see. Most intriguing. Does that happen a lot? Did they give a particular reason why they chose to agree with you privately instead of publicly? Does anyone ever pm you disagreeing with you on a subject?

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 14, 2019, 04:39:10 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't worry. No one gets every joke all the time.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 14, 2019, 03:43:55 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Got to love the internet.  ;D

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Biomechanoid on May 14, 2019, 04:47:52 PM
Who said anything about reviews?
Regardless, it was a joke.

Misunderstandings happen. It's not always easy to notice in text form.

I had people agreeing with me on a subject over pm. So I guess it happens.

I see. Most intriguing. Does that happen a lot? Did they give a particular reason why they chose to agree with you privately instead of publicly? Does anyone ever pm you disagreeing with you on a subject?

Two times on different forums. So no, not a lot.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 14, 2019, 04:39:10 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't worry. No one gets every joke all the time.

A couple members here pm'd me and said your joke wasn't remotely funny.

Spoiler
;D
[close]

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 14, 2019, 04:56:28 PM

The error is on me. I made that joke apparently on the incorrect assumption confirmed by you that people do indeed go around pm'ing other people giving their input privately on other people's movie/show opinions.

I still find it curious why people who agree with you on a subject chose to share it privately, it's pretty common for members to post their agreement/disagreement publicly to a member....that's how the banter between Voodoo and I began, it all started when I stated I disagree with him.

But I realize now my question is asking you to reveal pm content, and that would be violating your pm penpals' privacy, so I withdraw the question.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 14, 2019, 05:01:18 PM

Just two? So it wasn't "masses" or the "majority" who thought my joke lacked humor? I see you are tweaking down your volume of endorsements. You're adapting. I like it....... ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Biomechanoid on May 14, 2019, 05:19:27 PM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 14, 2019, 05:01:18 PM

Just two? So it wasn't "masses" or the "majority" who thought my joke lacked humor? I see you are tweaking down your volume of endorsements. You're adapting. I like it....... ;)

*Sigh*

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Biomechanoid on May 14, 2019, 05:19:27 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on May 14, 2019, 04:56:28 PM

I still find it curious why people who agree with you on a subject chose to share it privately, it's pretty common for members to post their agreement/disagreement publicly to a member....that's how the banter between Voodoo and I began, it all started when I stated I disagree with him.

But I realize now my question is asking you to reveal pm content, and that would be violating your pm penpals' privacy, so I withdraw the question.

No spectacular reasons.

Once the subject was kinda off-topic in the original thread, so there was no need to derail it further. And the other one contained insults to a fellow poster.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Seven hells, can we get back to discussing Thrones please?

George has taken to the internet to refute the rumour that he's finished The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring, but has a deal with HBO not to release them until the show is done. It was a fairly ridiculous story, but to be honest I'm a little disappointed that it's not true.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Vertigo on May 14, 2019, 05:39:00 PM
George has taken to the internet to refute the rumour that he's finished The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring, but has a deal with HBO not to release them until the show is done. It was a fairly ridiculous story, but to be honest I'm a little disappointed that it's not true.

Same. 

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 14, 2019, 05:34:31 PM
Once the subject was kinda off-topic in the original thread, so there was no need to derail it further. And the other one contained insults to a fellow poster.

Ahh, well that clears things up. So one was off topic and the other was simply insulting another poster.....which has nothing to do with me referencing people privately endorsing another person's movie/show opinion. Got it.

Anyhoo, to take Vertigo's advice.......

Quote from: Vertigo on May 14, 2019, 05:39:00 PM
Seven hells, can we get back to discussing Thrones please?

Martin: "Why would I sit for years on completed novels? Why would my publishers — not just here in the US, but all around the world — ever consent to this? They make millions and millions of dollars every time a new Ice & Fire book comes out, as do I. Delaying makes no sense."

It's always a special treat when the original source sets things straight. This is why I never bother clicking on those youtuber's and basement bloggers' rants on a given movie/show.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Getting away from season eight for a while, what would you guys prefer the planed prequels\spin-offs etc to be about?

Voodoo Magic

Not surprising really. He makes some good points:

'Game of Thrones' star Conleth Hill was 'frustrated' with final two seasons
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/amphtml/game-of-thrones-star-conleth-hill-was-frustrated-with-final-two-seasons-111331708.html

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed