The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,093 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Lmao, it'll turn out Qyburn used magic.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Old One on May 07, 2019, 01:10:38 AM
Lmao, it'll turn out Qyburn used magic.

Probably was handing some
Spoiler
accuracy and critical hit potions out to Euron and his goons and gave some Harry Potter esque invisibility cloaks to the ships  :D
[close]

Quote from: Shasvre on May 07, 2019, 03:30:50 AM

That is just adorable.

All the dumb stuff aside, i like the way they build up tension inside camp Targaryen.

Shasvre

Shasvre

"The Last of the Starks" is the lowest rated episode of GoT by far, and the only episode in the show's history to have a IMDb rating lower than 8, currently sitting at 7.1.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6027914/?ref_=ttep_ep4

Whiskeybrewer

Once Martin finishes the two books he needs to do, i want this

The Old One

The Old One

Once or if George R.R Martin finishes the story.

Highland

Highland

They must have ran out of cash. It's the only explanation.

I actually didn't mind the long night, but now the show seems to be on 2 x fast forward.

Like you waited 8 hours on a roast then thought f**k it , i'll stick it in the Micro for the last 5 minutes.

Seems all round weird. I'm not as salty as most folk mind, but it is a little strange.

Eva

Eva

The Ghost And The Darkness :D

Quote from: Highland on May 07, 2019, 02:12:56 PM
I actually didn't mind the long night, but now the show seems to be on 2 x fast forward.

Like you waited 8 hours on a roast then thought f**k it , i'll stick it in the Micro for the last 5 minutes.

Seems all round weird. I'm not as salty as most folk mind, but it is a little strange.

Exactly. It's like skipping chapters in a book or fast forwarding past the 'boring' parts in a film. The 'boring' parts in this context being much of the stuff that GRRM put in the books to give the story and characters extra flavor and more layers. Unless GRRM starts to pick up his writing pace and spend less time on the sweet life, we'll never get the seventh final book, unless he can also somehow survive death like some of his characters.

Vertigo

Vertigo

It's a shame that as the story has progressed past the books, Martin's involvement in the show has decreased, when really his input is needed more than ever. I'm sure he'd have plugged up some of the logical inconsistencies and added more character depth to the last few seasons.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Agreed.

It's really a waste  of serious potential. The show still looks and sounds amazing, but you can do only so much when it's lacking in the writing department.

I hope that, whatever spin-off show they cook up after GoT, will be as free of  Weiss and Benioff as humanly possible.

But as the show is still a phenomenal financial success, we will probably see a lot more of them in the future.

Voodoo Magic

I believe I read 3 GOT spin-offs are in the works?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 07, 2019, 06:52:44 PMI believe I read 3 GOT spin-offs are in the works?

Yes, GRRM commented on this on his blog. Three shows, one of which is "The Long Night" (only not named so).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Shasvre on May 07, 2019, 06:55:50 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 07, 2019, 06:52:44 PMI believe I read 3 GOT spin-offs are in the works?

Yes, GRRM commented on this on his blog. Three shows, one of which is "The Long Night" (only not named so).

I imagine they'll all be connected and have crossover events?

I hope they all don't all air at the same time. 3+ hours a week is more than I personally want to commit to GoT.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 07, 2019, 07:01:39 PMI imagine they'll all be connected and have crossover events?

I hope they all don't all air at the same time. 3+ hours a week is more than I personally want to commit to GoT.

I don't think they will, but who can say. At least a show set in that time period might give us some meaningful insight into the White Walkers and the Night King, something GoT failed to do.

GRRM suggested looking at Fire & Blood for ideas about the others shows, so some might be set in a Targaryen time period. Or he was just promoting the book. :D

Vertigo

Vertigo

Wouldn't be surprised if the Dunk & Egg stories are one of the spin-offs. The Long Night is the one I'm looking forward to though, should be more of an iron or bronze age culture.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed