The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,207 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If it was just shock value then I'd agree, but everything in GOT, especially the books with their heightened focus on prophecies but also the show as well, feels very much according to a plan. The way all of the pieces are coming together and the direction that it is taking is fascinating.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 03, 2014, 03:25:59 PMAlso, something I didn't notice was this subtle glance between characters (spoilers) :
Spoiler

'Still ready if this f**ks up?'
[close]
I didn't notice that myself. Good stuff though. :)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2014, 04:24:28 PMIf it was just shock value then I'd agree, but everything in GOT, especially the books with their heightened focus on prophecies but also the show as well, feels very much according to a plan. The way all of the pieces are coming together and the direction that it is taking is fascinating.
Also, the bad guys do get their fair share of trouble as well. Viserys, Joffrey and so on...

Gates

Gates

Quick question guys/gals:

Spoiler
Without book spoiling anything -- is The Mountain dead..? There's money on the line here lulz, and it sorta looks as if he fell back down and didn't move..!

A simple yes/no will do... :P
[close]

Thanks in advance... 8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

No.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Spoiler
I'm pretty sure he's gravely injured though. It'll make it a lot easier for someone else to come along and kill him.
[close]

Gates

Gates

Much appreciated guys... 8)

It's been a great season so far, non-stop "what the f**k!?" moments in spades...can't wait for the next two episodes...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Gates on Jun 03, 2014, 04:53:38 PMIt's been a great season so far, non-stop "what the f**k!?" moments in spades...can't wait for the next two episodes...

Spoiler
When you see them, you'll be shitting bricks.

Spoiler
Or gold.
[close]
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

From Lena Headey's Twitter account.

Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Okay...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 03, 2014, 06:38:11 PM
Okay...

You know the meaning of it?

Xenodog

Xenodog

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Yes Sweeps I do agree that it's in line with the rest of the series, I just think the way it was handled was silly. It's tough because everything leading up to the duel and the duel itself were amazing.

It was one of the moments in the show I was most looking forward to. I don't know why I didn't expect them to use it to throw in some extra gore and up their gross-out factor, should've known better by now, I was just hoping for something closer to Eddard's death in tone and style. It still would've been as effective, just more heartbreaking than nauseating.

Plus I think such blatant audience trolling will strain the show when it's in the position it's in now with not very many likeable people to follow. It certainly strained me.

Spoiler
Dat stoneheart though. Finally lol.
[close]

First Blood

Shasvre

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed