The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,023 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
It makes me wonder what, exactly, the White Walkers are. We already knew that they could resurrect dead animals and people as wights (their minions), but the fact that they can seemingly create another of their own kind out of a living specimen is a drastic game changer.

I need The Winds of Winter now... :D
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

In another three years bro.  In another three years.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

After the recent onslaught of preview chapters, I honestly think some time before the end of 2015 could happen.

If you aren't up to date with the show AND the books don't read this:

http://io9.com/this-accidental-game-of-thrones-spoiler-just-changed-1568796246

If true, consider me very, very intrigued.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm still behind on the episodes.  NOOOOO.

Read the spoiler.  This has already been hinted at way back in day for various characters.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 28, 2014, 08:05:45 PM
Yeah, I am sure the producers are working with Martin on this. They wouldn't outright contradict or set stuff up without this approval. Such as the scene with the White Walker and baby last night. There's a good chance they went to him first about that.

Whoaaa so we are getting future book material in the show already... Noice!  :laugh:

Xenodog

Xenodog

Tasty episode alright.
So many questions now though, with the changed stuff going on the North!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Tangakkai on Apr 28, 2014, 07:49:07 PM
Thanks for the info. So in the book there is no mention of

Spoiler
the guy who makes babies into white walkers?
[close]

If that is the case... I wonder if Martin is going to consider this fellow as "canon" for his books.

In the books, Gilly tells Sam that she has to escape from Craster's before her son's "brothers come for him".

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Huh, completely forgot about that quote.

Before this episode I would have just assumed that that meant
Spoiler
them coming back as Wights rather than Others/White Walkers, though.
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

+1 to whoever mentioned Podrick + Breinne. That's the greatest team-up yet, for me. ;D

White walker business is ver interestin... can't wait to see what happens, though I do honestly feel the series is dragging a bit. Damn them books.

v Book spoiler v
Spoiler
Who thinks they'll save Tyrion/Tywin scene for the end of this season? That would be a lot of filler, I think, but it's such a huge part of the story I can see them leaving it for the finale.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

BOOK SPOILER.

Unlike Joffrey people seem to appreciate
Spoiler
Tywin' badassery.  So I do think they will keep his death till the end or close to the end of this season.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Might want to label the above spoiler tags as being about the books.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

v Book spoily v
Spoiler
Yeah, I certainly love Tywin myself :laugh: so it's gonna be a big deal. He's one of my favorite parts about the show, tbh. Dat Dance... :-[
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Agreed completely. It's one of my favorite moments in the series, but on the other hand...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 29, 2014, 09:30:27 PM
+1 to whoever mentioned Podrick + Breinne. That's the greatest team-up yet, for me. ;D
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed