The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,283 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I absolutely love that second poster.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 08, 2013, 01:47:55 AM
Quote from: m41guy on Mar 06, 2013, 03:06:35 AM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 05, 2013, 11:01:58 PM
How any books are there?i was at Walmart and saw a 4 pack that cost 20 bucks.

You can get the hardcover now for "A Dance with Dragons" or the paperback is due out soon...as in it was pushed back to coinside with the season 2 dvd release and the begining of Season 3 on HBO.

Book 6, "Winds of Winter", is due out sometime between 2015 and never.  Did I mention the plan is for 7 books?  :laugh:  :-\
The paperback's been out here (UK) for months. It's got a chapter from The Winds of Winter in it too.

Not here(US), I picked up the hardcover back in Sep/Oct(can't remember which), cause the paperback wasn't out yet. 

Book spoiler
Spoiler
Not sure about that, looks like the season will end just after the Red Wedding.  I can see them getting over the wall by the end of the season but I'm hoping they will leave the defense of The Wall/Castle Black for early on in Season 4.  But then again, some of thsoe shots look like Night's Watch arming themselves for the battle...
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: m41guy on Mar 09, 2013, 02:48:49 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 08, 2013, 01:47:55 AM
Quote from: m41guy on Mar 06, 2013, 03:06:35 AM
Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 05, 2013, 11:01:58 PM
How any books are there?i was at Walmart and saw a 4 pack that cost 20 bucks.

You can get the hardcover now for "A Dance with Dragons" or the paperback is due out soon...as in it was pushed back to coinside with the season 2 dvd release and the begining of Season 3 on HBO.

Book 6, "Winds of Winter", is due out sometime between 2015 and never.  Did I mention the plan is for 7 books?  :laugh:  :-\
The paperback's been out here (UK) for months. It's got a chapter from The Winds of Winter in it too.

Not here(US), I picked up the hardcover back in Sep/Oct(can't remember which), cause the paperback wasn't out yet. 

Book spoiler
Spoiler
Not sure about that, looks like the season will end just after the Red Wedding.  I can see them getting over the wall by the end of the season but I'm hoping they will leave the defense of The Wall/Castle Black for early on in Season 4.  But then again, some of thsoe shots look like Night's Watch arming themselves for the battle...
[close]

Spoiler
I think that we'll see the first wave of the Battle at Castle Black. When Jon returns, and the attack occurs from South of the Wall from the Wildlings who climbed the Wall with Jon. And, we will see Ygritte's death. And, the final shot for Jon's arc this season will be him atop of the Wall looking down at the massive army North of the Wall. Then Season 4 (or, at least the first half) can focus on the proper Battle at Castle Black! :D
[close]

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Dammit Batman, why didn't you let him die?!

Shasvre

Shasvre

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75494

I really like the one of Sansa, as well as the first one of Daenerys.

First Blood

First Blood

Question...

Spoiler
I haven't read the third book yet, but did Davos survive the explosion at the end of Season Two?
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 10, 2013, 07:44:43 PM
Question...

Spoiler
I haven't read the third book yet, but did Davos survive the explosion at the end of Season Two?
[close]

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
Yup. And the thing he makes Stannis do in A Storm of Swords is very cool. 8)

His son also survived, I think.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Cool. I f**king loved Liam Cunningham in that role. 8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Agreed.

How far into the books are you? Did you finish A Clash of Kings? You've gotta keep reading. The third book is the best one so far. ;)

First Blood

First Blood

Yup finished Clash of Kings and never got around to A Storm of Swords. :'(

Eva

Eva

Awesome artwork. 8)

Starting my season 2 re-watch sooooon....

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Eva on Mar 10, 2013, 08:27:33 PM
Awesome artwork. 8)

Starting my season 2 re-watch sooooon....

I'm gonna start my re-watch of Seasons 1 & 2 on Tuesday: 1 episode per-night will lead up perfectly to the Season 3 premiere! :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just watched Season 2...

...and now I'm watching it again with some friends.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Finished watching both seasons again on bluray and itching for the third. Might re-read ASOS.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 10, 2013, 11:08:21 PM
I just watched Season 2...

...and now I'm watching it again with some friends.
Nice... well, I won't distract you then... :)

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed