The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,285 times)

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jun 15, 2012, 10:35:06 PM
Anybody hear about the Bush head controversy? They're actually halting dvd and blu-ray production and editing the episode. All future airings and purchases of episode 10 will be a little different. Definitely holding on to my blu-ray set. Retarded.

Thats stupid,some people are too thin skinned to take it on the chin. Wow a prop head of bush,sweet,who cares everyone has seen it already.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 15, 2012, 11:37:12 PM
Anybody hear about the Bush head controversy? They're actually halting dvd and blu-ray production and editing the episode. All future airings and purchases of episode 10 will be a little different. Definitely holding on to my blu-ray set. Retarded.
Yeesh. Didn't they point it out on the commentary, too? I wonder if they'll cover that detail as well. Total bullshit though, I can't believe they'd go that far to edit something that nobody has noticed until now.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jun 15, 2012, 11:43:56 PM
Yeesh. Didn't they point it out on the commentary, too? I wonder if they'll cover that detail as well. Total bullshit though, I can't believe they'd go that far to edit something that nobody has noticed until now.

Yeah, they did. I remember listening to it. Thought nothing of it. I still can't believe how much of a big deal HBO is making it. It's the most ridiculous and insulting thing I've heard in a long time.

Yeah. Seems like a waste of time/money/effort. It was just a prop head sitting around and they used it. Couldn't even really tell it was him until someone pointed it out. There is nothing 'political' about it. If anything HBO can paint it any way they wanted.

On one hand Bush's head represents political fanwank for Demos.

On the other hand it's Bush being painted as a honorable yet daft leader who just didn't know how to play the game of thrones and ended up like Ned.

Just wrapped up Season 2. Still gathering my jaw off the floor.

When does Season 3 go before the cameras?

Ruadh

Ruadh

Probably toward the end of summer.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Eva on Jun 16, 2012, 02:07:49 PM

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5277/strangelove2.gif

LMAO, awesome gif!

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 16, 2012, 03:05:33 PM

On the other hand it's Bush being painted as a honorable yet daft leader who just didn't know how to play the game of thrones and ended up like Ned.

HAHA, Epic.

I wonder if that's where the discovery(and outrage) came from(dvd commentary).  I bet NO ONE would have known otherwise....could have been anyone's head from that angle.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 16, 2012, 03:05:33 PM

From now on, the GOP will have assigned a task force to scrutinize all future episodes of GOT so look for Sarah Palin/Mitt Romney/etc. similarities...  :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Clive Russell has been cast as Brynden Tully.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/06/clive-russell-cast-as-the-blackfish/

Winter Is Coming also posted some awesome behind-the-scenes shots of the White Walkers.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/06/a-closer-look-at-special-makeup-and-prosthetic-design/

Spoiler

[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

I haven't read Game of Thrones and I've heard many great things about it, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss a lot of details.  Before I start marathoning the first two seasons, how accessible is it to newcomers?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

If you're starting the series from the beginning, you'll do fine.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Thanks  :)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The books are much more detailed than the series which leaves out tons of shit.  But if you watch the series from the beggining then reading the books isn't necessary.  And there are things the series does better (like adding the ned/jaime fight).  The only problem you'll run into is if you lets say watch season 1 and then try to read book 2.  There will be so many new characters, destinations, etc you'll have trouble keeping up.

One of my favorite scenes in the second book was tyrion fighting with Balon Swann, which was entirely ommited in the series.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

No, the worst omission is the whole
Spoiler
Jon, Halfhand, and the rest of the rangers being chased through the mountains by the wildlings. Especially the cave.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Spoiler
Rhaegar and Lyanna are barely mentioned either. The books present this mystery about them that's so far absent from the show. Ned's dream about the Tower of Joy would've been great to see.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed