The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,209 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Nah, even Jaime has said to himself that the Hound would likely cut him down. The Cleganes are just berserkers.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Dondarrion almost managed him, so I think Bronn would at least have a fighting chance.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Laufey on May 29, 2012, 01:44:21 PM
Dondarrion almost managed him, so I think Bronn would at least have a fighting chance.
Spoiler
Dondarrion was cut in half  :laugh: The Hound swaggered his way out of that fight (I recall they harassed him with a flaming sword). I love Dondarrion and Bronn. Dondarrion did cheat though - he's immortal 'til he says otherwise. Trickster. Great twist in the book
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Spoiler
Yeah, but at least he wasn't cut down the very instant he lifted his fingers against the Hound. And I wouldn't put it past Bronn to use fire as well if he got the chance. The man is a dirty fighter. ;D
[close]

Speaking of fighters, I'm a little disappointed...

Spoiler
...we probably won't get the chance to see Ser Barristan team up with Daenerys this season.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Next season, man. Or perhaps the very tail-end of this one.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Laufey on May 29, 2012, 01:49:53 PM
Speaking of fighters, I'm a little disappointed...

Spoiler
...we probably won't get the chance to see Ser Barristan team up with Daenerys this season.
[close]
Next season for sure! I love that guy.

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
Yeah, but at least he wasn't cut down the very instant he lifted his fingers against the Hound. And I wouldn't put it past Bronn to use fire as well if he got the chance. The man is a dirty fighter. ;D
[close]

Ah, good old Bronn. Who needs honor when they fight? ;D

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
He's really Arstan Whitebeard isn't he? I don't mind waiting and seeing him pop up in season three.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 29, 2012, 01:51:19 PM

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for, to have him appear at the end. But I doubt it will happen.

Quote from: First Blood on May 29, 2012, 01:54:00 PM
Spoiler
He's really Arstan Whitebeard isn't he? I don't mind waiting and seeing him pop up in season three.
[close]

Spoiler
Yup. The old man is more deadly with a staff than most men are with a sword. ;D
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Laufey on May 29, 2012, 01:59:05 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 29, 2012, 01:51:19 PM

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for, to have him appear at the end. But I doubt it will happen.

I really hope it does, now that I think of it. Be a perfect little addition near the end.

Spoiler
I just hope they make him nigh-unrecognizeable, so non-bookies don't know that it's him.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 29, 2012, 02:03:20 PM
Spoiler
I just hope they make him nigh-unrecognizeable, so non-bookies don't know that it's him.
[close]
Spoiler
In all honesty I don't think they will recognise him. I've seen a lot wonder who he is, and have to be reminded who he is on other forums. A great white mane and rags will fool 'em, unless the casting gives it away.
[close]

EDIT: Great article on the Blackwater episode: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/05/in-game-of-thrones-war-changes-everyone/257734/

Shasvre

Shasvre

Here's a list of characters that will show up in the next season.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=60626

Quote– Mance Rayder: We've heard about him all season. A former member of the Night's Watch who became the "King Beyond the Wall," the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn's uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon's wife.

– Shireen: Stannis' daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell's sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.
Nice to see that the Reed siblings haven't been forgotten. :)

First Blood

First Blood

Or Shireen. :)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Never liked the Reeds, myself. Beric Dondarrion was already in season 1.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Maybe they replaced the actor? I doubt most people remember him anyway. :D

scm

scm

Quote from: Laufey on May 29, 2012, 06:50:10 PM
Here's a list of characters that will show up in the next season.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=60626

Quote– Mance Rayder: We've heard about him all season. A former member of the Night's Watch who became the "King Beyond the Wall," the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn's uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon's wife.

– Shireen: Stannis' daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell's sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.
Nice to see that the Reed siblings haven't been forgotten. :)
No reek? Hopefully that means he shows up next episode.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed