The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,079 times)

Bjørn Martinsen

Bjørn Martinsen

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jul 14, 2011, 10:39:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhtsgu6bJg#ws

My Dad looks so much like Sean Bean that was actually hard to watch.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Liam Cunningham will play Davos Seaworth.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=42237

jacc.90

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Good fit actually.  The Onion Knight is kind of an underrated character imo.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Some info from Comic Con.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=42549

QuoteSpeaking at Comic-Con, David Benioff explained that Storm of Swords is simply too long to cover in one season:

"If we're lucky enough, if we have a season three, that's when it will start not corresponding so neatly to the books because Storm of Swords is too big to do as one season," he said.

"Our hope has always been that we can keep this alive somehow. There's a certain scene - I'm not even going to say the name of the scene because the name itself is a spoiler... Let's call it 'RW'. We've always felt that if we can get to 'RW', then we've accomplished something."

Author George R.R. Martin added:

"When they film it and show it, I'm going to try to arrange to be out of the country during that period and some place that doesn't actually have television yet."

Gettign back to Season Two, Benioff stated:

"We have a bunch of great new characters coming in," he said. "We've already got such an incredible cast, but it's time to meet the Red Priestess.

"It's time to see those dragons and wolves start to grow up. There's bad stuff lurking north of the wall. It's a season of exploration."

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
RW=Red Wedding.  DO NOT GOOGLE INFO ON IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.  DON'T EVEN SEARCH ICE AND FIRE WITH RW IN IT
[close]

Bjørn Martinsen

Bjørn Martinsen

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 25, 2011, 02:08:33 AM

Just bought a five book collection that includes an appendix that names all the noble families names and coat of arms. I flicked through it and it actually explains what happened in your spolier tag. I hadn't even read the first chapter of teh first book yet  :'(

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Definately don't do what bjorn did either.  Poor lad.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Why Season 2 is Sticking to 10 Episodes

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1184812p1.html

QuoteThe execs said, "If we could do 12 episodes, we would," but that the creators of the show couldn't "physically make more than 10" given the show's scope, size and cost without either having there be more than a year-long delay between seasons or the quality being diluted.

Sounds good to me; 10 was perfect for Season 1.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

From IO9

QuoteHBO co-president Richard Plepler and programming president Michael Lombardo have promised they have no plans to cancel the show before its time:

Plepler: "We told [author George R.R. Martin] we'd go as long as he keeps writing."
Lombardo: "I hope it lasts for 20 years. I promise you we won't stop it before it's ready to stop ... There's a great relationship fans have with the show and we appreciate that. We've never seen people get so excited about casting [decisions]."

Hnnngghhhnnnn!!!!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

f**kin' great news. :)

Pn2501

Pn2501

Yeah they f**ked me with carnivale, Rome, and Deadwood.
Hbo you better not f**k me this time, or you'll force me to read books!

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jul 29, 2011, 10:41:53 PM
Yeah they f**ked me with carnivale, Rome, and Deadwood.
Hbo you better not f**k me this time, or you'll force me to read books!

Rome was f**king brilliant and it's a shame it only lasted two seasons. They got a good thing going here, hope they can keep the momentum going.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Just finished the season. f**k this was good. Thanks Pn for getting me onto this shit!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed