The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,318 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It seems the series will actually give fans some swordplay that the books are missing. In the books the swordplay happens only 50% of the time and what could've been awesome is just missed.

Spoiler
Jory is the first of many likeable characters to bite it I'm afraid.  Steel yourself my friends.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU7VpQYd_yg#ws

Spoiler
So is this were Viserys is gonna be "crowned" with molten gold?
[close]

Starks Vs. Lannisters is gonna be epic.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoils below if you aren't up to date on series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L8ByreRfUo#

For those that want to see the Jory/Ned vs Red Cloaks/Jaime again.

Also link for Bronn/Tyrion/Rodrik vs mountain men, and Mountain vs Hound on same page.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Seeing the Hound stand up against his brother was awesome. How big of a character is he in the books? Because I wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
The Hound is a considerable character in the books.  Mainly helps flesh out both Sansa and Arya's characters.  In the book he doesn't couterattack his brother when the Mountain is trying to kill Ser Loras.  Just parry's him.  He can stand up to his brother, but not piss him off.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 20, 2011, 01:59:50 AM
Spoiler
The Hound is a considerable character in the books.  Mainly helps flesh out both Sansa and Arya's characters.  In the book he doesn't couterattack his brother when the Mountain is trying to kill Ser Loras.  Just parry's him.  He can stand up to his brother, but not piss him off.
[close]

Ah, good to know.

Speaking of Ser Loras, what did Littlefinger mean when he said that Renly knew "his man was in heat" (if that's really what he said) after Loras knocked down the Mountain from his horse? I don't really get what it was that would be considered tricks, the fight seemed fair enough to me. :-\

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Loras used a female horse (mare) that was in heat.  It excited the Mountain's horse who was male and led to Loras victory.  It has been awhile since I read it but I seem to recall that Loras DID do it intentionally.

Loras is another top swordsman in the 7 kingdoms.  But the Mountain in the books is a genetic freak.  Like a more heavily muscled and much taller Shaq (he's suppossed to be closer to eight foot than seven like the guy that plays him is).

By comparison, it's mentioned that the Hound is 6'6" and still dwarfed by the Mountain.  Loras even though an expert swordsman is just average height and average build.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 20, 2011, 03:42:34 AMLoras used a female horse (mare) that was in heat.  It excited the Mountain's horse who was male and led to Loras victory.  It has been awhile since I read it but I seem to recall that Loras DID do it intentionally.

Well, that certainly explains it. Thanks. :)

As for top swordsmen...

Spoiler
Right now I'm really looking forward to seeing Syrio in action with his wooden sword. ;D
[close]

Edit: Has anyone else noticed that the shows intro changes as new locations are introduced? I didn't pick up on that until last episode.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

After that particularly spectacular episode, I'm proud to say I get it now:

BRONN!

Shasvre

Shasvre

BRONN!

Yeah, he was awesome. And that ending. Damn. ;D

First Blood

First Blood

It was a great episode.

You don't fight with honor!

No, I don't. He did.

Nice to see Tyrion weasel his way out of his situation. And that ending...amazing.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just watched episode seven (yes, it's been released online).

Spoiler
Robert is dead and his little shit of a son is sitting on the throne. Oh, and Littlefinger, you sneaky bastard! :laugh:

Tywin was pretty badass, I look forward to seeing more of him.
[close]

BioMech

BioMech

Quote from: Laufey on May 23, 2011, 09:31:58 PM
Just watched episode seven (yes, it's been released online).

Spoiler
Robert is dead and his little shit of a son is sitting on the throne. Oh, and Littlefinger, you sneaky bastard! :laugh:

Tywin was pretty badass, I look forward to seeing more of him.
[close]

Whoa, thanks for the newsflash!  :) Episode 6 and 7 in one bite was a pretty heavy experience.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Charles Dance is a perfect fit for Tywin.  Good to see a former Alien series alum (Doc Clemens) get meaningful play on a series that is well liked worldwide.

Bronn is a pretty excellent side character.  Probably my favorite out of three key side peeps.  Ser Jorah (who can fight above his head at times its how he won his once expensive wife), Bronn (for sheer badass wiseassedry) and Dolorous Edd Tollet.  Dolorous Edd is hilarious.  Can't wait to see him in the future.

Don't forget Dondorian either.  He's the guy that Ned sent after the Mountain.  His name will continue to show up even after it shouldn't.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 24, 2011, 12:09:56 AM
Bronn is a pretty excellent side character.  Probably my favorite out of three key side peeps.  Ser Jorah (who can fight above his head at times its how he won his once expensive wife), Bronn (for sheer badass wiseassedry)

Oh heck yes. It was great seeing Bronn fight in defense of Tyrion. Another side character that I've come to like is on the Dothraki side, and it's the character of Ser Jorah Mormont. I really like his cool, calm demeanor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed