The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,734 times)

Local Trouble

Do you think LFL will pull a Morse with D&D's trilogy?

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know, but they fired Colin Trevorrow, Philip Lord and Christopher Miller without restraint.

Local Trouble

Are you going to watch the finale?

The Old One

The Old One

Yes.

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

BigDaddyJohn

Naginata

Naginata

Quote from: Shasvre on May 19, 2019, 12:03:41 PM

Oh god damn that's cool!  :o

And as always:
Spoiler
if Tyrion dies, we riot.
[close]

PredBabe

PredBabe

I really don't think Daenerys' breaking point is bad. Sure it is all happening in the span of one season, and really two episodes, but there is a lot of time going on between these two episodes and a lot of crap is hitting the fan. From the moment they confirmed Jon Snow was a Targ, fans should have seen the real cracks in the foundation for her. Fans have been used to the drawn out storytelling but we all knew there was only one season left (whether the directors had any say or not).

There are some good edits that are coming out that recap more of Daenerys' downward spiral... for those who need it more spelt out. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=346569889336438&id=160841960966091&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1GhFJuE8cOE&t=37s

We're all left scratching our heads as to why she went crazy and killed everyone when she had already won. But when you really think about it, she's put a lot on the line and felt the the debt still wasn't paid when they rang the bells.

As for tonight's episode: I'm hoping Tyrion and Sansa get on the throne- but something tells me things won't play out that way!   :laugh:

Also, I'm laughing at these petitions too.

LastSonofKrypton

The only show I want to see

The goodest of good boys

The Old One

The Old One

It literally has nothing to do with Mad Queen Danny at this point, well- not nothing but the entire Season has godawful writing that's impossible to ignore.

And a million and a half signatures with at least a quarter of donarions of that money going to SameYou Charity is nothing to scoff at.

Jaime Lannister's character arc disappeared, I guess he kinda forgot that he stabbed Mad King Aerys in the back to save the people of King's Landing. Now, all of a sudden the Kingslayer never really cared about the people? Garbage, absolute garbage.

And Euron Greyjoy f**king teleports to kill him, and switches between the greatest shot ever and totally ineffectual at the show's whim.

Tyrion Lannister's contribution is about equivalent to "Smash the Beetles" at this point. And Jon has about two lines he repeats on loop at this point too, how about those honourable Stark men becoming rapists and murders in the blink of an eye huh?

Or how about the horrific blatant misogyny in the writing? The only reason I'm angry is because I care, and it was good- once.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: The Old One on May 19, 2019, 05:47:08 PM
It literally has nothing to do with Mad Queen Danny at this point, well- not nothing but the entire Season has godawful writing that's impossible to ignore.

And a million and a half signatures with at least a quarter of donarions of that money going to SameYou Charity is nothing to scoff at.

Jaime Lannister's character arc disappeared, I guess he kinda forgot that he stabbed Mad King Aerys in the back to save the people of King's Landing. Now, all of a sudden the Kingslayer never really cared about the people? Garbage, absolute garbage.

And Euron Greyjoy f**king teleports to kill him, and switches between the greatest shot ever and totally ineffectual at the show's whim.

Tyrion Lannister's contribution is about equivalent to "Smash the Beetles" at this point. And Jon has about two lines he repeats on loop at this point too, how about those honourable Stark men becoming rapists and murders in the blink of an eye huh?

Or how about the horrific blatant misogyny in the writing? The only reason I'm angry is because I care, and it was good- once.

Don't forget Arya being forced to steal Jon's destiny after a thirty second conversation and then to give up on her own two episodes later after a thirty second conversation.

Then after witnessing Dany's 'turn' she climbs onto a 'white horse' you know, because D&D are now applying sympblism with Gendry's warhammer. 

But you know, it's just entertainment, because the normies have to have their expectations subverted

The Old One

The Old One

I don't always put a lot of stock in what an actor thinks of their character's actions, but when I do they've been playing them for eight years.

Maisie Williams said it's wrong, Kit Harrington said it's disappointing, Emilia Clarke wandered around London for an entire day without eating after reading the script.

The reaction of  Nikolaj Coster-Waldau looks like he's about to have a mental break down, and considering what everyone else has said negative about the Season and the "Inside the Episodes" showing on display D&D admitting openly to contrivance after contrivance. I don't think I'm seeing what I want to see, as some will no doubt claim.

But I never wanted to see this go down in flames, ironically- that's the reality.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Alt Shift X had probably the best discussion about the episode, detailing both the for and against arguments with Daenerys' and Jaime's arcs.

There's also an examination of whether Varys was right to back Jon over Dany, which beat-for-beat follows a topic I'd started on Reddit last week, but that's probably a coincidence.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Old One on May 19, 2019, 05:47:08 PM

I think those are pretty good assessments of the bad writing. Now, for those here very angry about season 8, don't jump to the conclusion I'm trying to defend the writing, I've stated more than once it's bad writing. I'm simply asking a question...

Did Jaime really ever care about the people? Was that truly his motive of killing the Mad King was to save the people? The same Jaime who pushed an innocent child out of a tower? The same Jaime who killed his own cousin to escape? Those are not the actions of someone who cares about the people.

Anyway, one of the plot elements I thought made no sense....... Arya has been plotting, patiently waiting to assassinate Cersi. Her track record of assassinations show she picks the right time when they least expect it (Walder Frey for example).

So the moment she picked to kill Cersi is smack dab in the middle of a war on Cersi? She decides to kill Cersi at the location the war is launched? Did I miss some dialogue that explains her justification to pick the worst possible time and place to commit an assassination?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed