The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 469,282 times)

First Blood

Deliciously good episode.

Spoiler
I liked the new opening

Tormound and Co. finding the abandoned outpost.

Jaime's face as he sees Bran for the first time since season one.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

This episode had the only good scare in GoT so far. f**king hell. :laugh:

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 15, 2019, 04:03:25 PM
This episode had the only good scare in GoT so far. f**king hell. :laugh:

It reminded me of a certain scene from Aliens. ;)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 15, 2019, 04:21:25 PMIt reminded me of a certain scene from Aliens. ;)

Ah, yes. Spot on.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 15, 2019, 02:39:44 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 15, 2019, 01:11:37 PM
Spoiler
Also, I don't like the forced plot for Bronn to go after Jamie and Tyrion, I half expected Bronn to catch up with Jamie on the road to Winterfell
[close]

Spoiler
To be fair, we don't know what Bronn's intentions are. He might as well take the gold and go to Winterfell to hook up with Tyrion and Jaime.
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8Qsx6_OBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdbetJTZGA

Really cool seeing George Lucas visiting the set.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 15, 2019, 05:00:42 PMReally cool seeing George Lucas visiting the set.

Now there's at least two people involved with Star Wars on the set. :D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 15, 2019, 05:07:37 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 15, 2019, 05:00:42 PMReally cool seeing George Lucas visiting the set.

Now there's at least two people involved with Star Wars on the set. :D

A few more than that. ;)

Just on that Winterfell set alone there's Emilia Clarke, Gwendoline Christie, and Weiss & Benioff's next project now that GOT is over for them is a whole damn Star Wars trilogy. :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 15, 2019, 05:09:26 PMA few more than that. ;)

Just on that Winterfell set alone there's Emilia Clarke, Gwendoline Christie, and Weiss & Benioff's next project now that GOT is over for them is a whole damn Star Wars trilogy. :D

I forgot everyone except for Emilia. Then again, Star Wars forgot to make Phasma a character as well. :-[ :P

Eagerly awaiting the Beautiful Death poster for this episode!

MudButt

MudButt

Really enjoyed the first episode. Glad they resolved the hanging threads from the finale of S7. Jon discovering his true name, Theon getting his sister back, and Samwell finding out about his Dad and brother.

I was also real happy to see the reunions. It's crazy seeing all of these main characters in the same place now after years of being so far away from each other. Arya has a great reunion with Jon and it was good to see her and The Hound as well as Gendry. Sansa and Tyrion was nice although Sansa was full on Ice Queen this episode.

The sequence featuring Tormund and Beric finding Dolorous End again was great. I was SURE they were going to bite it especially since the Night King's army is all over that part of the North by now. I truly hope they all make it to Winterfell in time for the battle.

Spoiler
Preview for next week shows Tormund in Winterfell. Hopefully the others make it too.
[close]

I was glad they got a lot of these little things out of the way. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is Cersei recruiting Bronn to kill her brothers. I know Bronn has stayed true to his character for the most part but I really don't want to have him spend this season attempting to kill his two friends. I don't think it will go that way but you never know. I really just want him to get Winterfell and fight the undead army  :D

It was a good set up for the rest of the season. Jon and Dany got some thangs to discuss  ;)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Was it just me or did they seriously crank up the humor?

Shasvre

Shasvre

SM

SM

The wife came up with a great idea for

Spoiler
Cersei's child
Spoiler
It's a dwarf.
[close]
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SM on Apr 16, 2019, 02:23:04 AMThe wife came up with a great idea for

Spoiler
Cersei's child
Spoiler
It's a dwarf.
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
It might be that she had a miscarriage already. I don't remember exactly, but when her and Tyrion talked last season, I don't think she drank any wine. Now she's having some after sleeping with Euron, looking tearful as he mentions "putting a prince in her belly". I don't think she would be drinking if she was still pregnant. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
[close]

SM

SM

Spoiler
If she'd lost the child I think it would've been mentioned.  Tyrion told Sansa that Cersei had something to live for, and when Euron said he'd put a prince in her belly her look seemed to say "Too late, pal".
[close]

Rudiger

Rudiger

Solid start to the season. Loved the final scene.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed