The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 473,385 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Game of Thrones translates very well to the big screen, especially the score.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Feb 01, 2015, 04:32:07 PM
Game of Thrones translates very well to the big screen, especially the score.
Agreed! Sounded awesome  ;D

Gates

Gates

Trailer has me amped..! 8)

Is it me - or maybe the way the trailer is cut - but it somehow looks as if they are spending even MORE cash...anyone know if the budget went up again..?

MudButt

MudButt

My guess the budget went up, that shot of the falling piece of building looked so good.

Gates

Gates

Insane if it did, I remember reading its the highest TV budget like two seasons ago..!

I know the show is doing great, but they must be rolling in paper to up it even more...

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I think Game of Thrones is ushering in a era where television is the preferred means of telling epic stories. I won't be surprised if we start seeing studios spending large budgets on television shows. I mean, you'd think the dragons would look worse blown up on the big screen, but the CGI is just as good as any movie.

When people stop going to the movies and stay home for their entertainment, shows like GOT will be the norm; epic shows with huge budgets that skip the theater experience entirely. Good or bad, it looks like we are heading that way. Going to the movies is just too expensive and you have to deal with potentially obnoxious people. I think that's part of why people like GOT so much, it's like watching a movie without all the bullshit that comes with going to a theater.

Magegg

Magegg

The episode about the war on the wall was epic as f**k. There was never a moment you could say "this looks cheap".

Master

Master

Well there was only two Giants and one Mammoth.

Magegg

Magegg

Well, honesty I totally overlooked that. But whatever, they all looked really good.

Master

Master

Yeah it was top notch job.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I dragged my bosses daughter into watching the first season of game of thrones. Now she won't shut up about it. But at least I know someone that likes it now.

Sozin

Sozin

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/02/04/season-5-speculation-will-sansa-return-winterfell/

What do you people think? I suppose it makes sense for her to take on that role and...

Spoiler
...have Theon rescue her the way he did with her friend (fake Arya) in the book.
[close]

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Spoiler
According to IMDB Michelle Farly is listed as an actrice for episode 10 of season 5 for the role of "hooded woman", so maybe we will still see Lady Stoneheart appear in the series! I really hope its true, I cant imagine why else she would be listed though...
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Feb 03, 2015, 07:01:16 PM
I think Game of Thrones is ushering in a era where television is the preferred means of telling epic stories. I won't be surprised if we start seeing studios spending large budgets on television shows. I mean, you'd think the dragons would look worse blown up on the big screen, but the CGI is just as good as any movie.

When people stop going to the movies and stay home for their entertainment, shows like GOT will be the norm; epic shows with huge budgets that skip the theater experience entirely. Good or bad, it looks like we are heading that way. Going to the movies is just too expensive and you have to deal with potentially obnoxious people. I think that's part of why people like GOT so much, it's like watching a movie without all the bullshit that comes with going to a theater.
Yep. Walking Dead and Breaking Bad also attracted a lot of attention towards cable TV. With compelling new stories right at home instead of the endless sequels and reboots that plague Hollywood, I think more people are paying close attention to these type of shows. Game of Thrones' huge budget makes it as good looking as any movie, but with 3 or 4 times more content per season. With quality story telling, no less.

That Yellow Alien

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed