The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,712 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Too old for armor. Too hot. :laugh:

They'll have Sansa and Littlefinger fall in love. Then Baelish will brutally murder Sansa as she's giving birth to his child, burning them both to the Lord of Light so he can control the North.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 03, 2014, 06:09:22 AM
Too old for armor. Too hot. :laugh:

They'll have Sansa and Littlefinger fall in love. Then Baelish will brutally murder Sansa as she's giving birth to his child, burning them both to the Lord of Light so he can control the North.

f**k me, I hope it doesn't turn into The Legend of Chun Li:laugh:

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 03, 2014, 06:16:26 AM
f**k me, I hope it doesn't turn into The Legend of Chun Li:laugh:

Dawwwwww. :D

Xenodog

Xenodog

The death wasn't overly gratuitous at all. They copied it well from the books, even the fingers in the eyes bit which is what Gregor was described to do.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 03, 2014, 07:17:09 AM
The death wasn't overly gratuitous at all. They copied it well from the books, even the fingers in the eyes bit which is what Gregor was described to do.

Spoiler
It's close, sure, but it's also freaking absurd. In the book I imagined Clegane grabbing Oberyns head with one hand, digging fingers into one or both eyes, while smashing the shit out of it with the other balled up fist. One dying warrior killing another. This was a colossal rapist popping the head of a screaming bitch-man.

I would've preferred Oberyn struggling, and even some insane head-splatting violence would've been fine, but this was seriously taken to B-movie level. If you don't see that, you need to see more B movies. Heads exploding, pff. They exaggerated it as much as possible to one-up their previous shocks. Either way we have a very different definition of gratuitous violence. Shit looked like Evil Dead.

It could've been done better, but this show is centered around shock violence and tits. Matter of fact that's what I call it, and other people I know that watch it have their own funny variations on that type of title.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 03, 2014, 09:01:41 AM

Spoiler
It's close, sure, but it's also freaking absurd. In the book I imagined Clegane grabbing Oberyns head with one hand, digging fingers into one or both eyes, while smashing the shit out of it with the other balled up fist. One dying warrior killing another. This was a colossal rapist popping the head of a screaming bitch-man.

I would've preferred Oberyn struggling, and even some insane head-splatting violence would've been fine, but this was seriously taken to B-movie level. If you don't see that, you need to see more B movies. Heads exploding, pff. They exaggerated it as much as possible to one-up their previous shocks. Either way we have a very different definition of gratuitous violence. Shit looked like Evil Dead.

It could've been done better, but this show is centered around shock violence and tits. Matter of fact that's what I call it, and other people I know that watch it have their own funny variations on that type of title.
[close]
Spoiler
He's an 8-foot, 500 pound monster crushing another dude's head against the stone ground after gouging his eyes in. Oberyn was grabbing for the Mountains arms, but once he had both eyes being pushed in, I think a struggle was out of the picture. And of course he was going to scream, he's having his head crushed inward. Previously, the Mountain beheaded a horse. People have been cut in-half and straight down the center in this show.

A dude getting his head crushed by a guy who is essentially a giant with no more gore or blood than there would be isn't exactly outside of the series' realm of violence. If you look at the remains of Oberyn's head afterward, it's not even a random pile of mush, it's disturbingly detailed. I honestly don't see what the issue is, the shock is the death itself and the brutality is entirely in-line with the Mountain's MO.
[close]

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Every time I closed my eyes I saw it. It appeared. I couldn't stop thinking of it. I pray to god I get some rest this Australian night.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Castiel on Jun 03, 2014, 05:23:31 AM
True. But I find her chapters in the books some of the most interesting as well. Perhaps they are taking her in a new direction in the show or they might know something we haven't found out in the books yet. Would be surprising, yet strangley fitting, if her and Baelish ended up together. :D

I can't see her and Petyr actually winding up together, but from this point on I can definitely see her actively beginning to play the Game of Thrones and, perhaps, out-Littlefingering Littlefinger. Before all of this is done, Sansa is going to be a schemer. I just wonder what side she is going to be playing for.

orchidal

orchidal

Riki-Oh Part II: The Viper and the Mountain, or the Watermelon and Gallager

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 03, 2014, 06:09:22 AMToo old for armor. Too hot. :laugh:

Bah. He had armour in the books. In all honesty, Barristan has been a pretty boring character in the show so far. There have been quite a few opportunities where he could have been more than an old advisor, but no.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 03, 2014, 09:10:37 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 03, 2014, 09:01:41 AM

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
He's an 8-foot, 500 pound monster crushing another dude's head against the stone ground after gouging his eyes in. Oberyn was grabbing for the Mountains arms, but once he had both eyes being pushed in, I think a struggle was out of the picture. And of course he was going to scream, he's having his head crushed inward. Previously, the Mountain beheaded a horse. People have been cut in-half and straight down the center in this show.

A dude getting his head crushed by a guy who is essentially a giant with no more gore or blood than there would be isn't exactly outside of the series' realm of violence. If you look at the remains of Oberyn's head afterward, it's not even a random pile of mush, it's disturbingly detailed. I honestly don't see what the issue is, the shock is the death itself and the brutality is entirely in-line with the Mountain's MO.
[close]

Yup, this. Sweeper just put a better version of what I was going to say.
Long story short, Gregor is giant. As in the medical definition of one. That's probably an accurate summary of what would happen to your head if he got hold of it.

Also book spoilers :
Spoiler
Anyone else hear Littlefinger's comment on how some die on the toilet? Cheeky foreshadowing for Ep 10.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 03, 2014, 02:54:33 PMAlso book spoilers :
Spoiler
Anyone else hear Littlefinger's comment on how some die on the toilet? Cheeky foreshadowing for Ep 10.
[close]

It's a crappy way to go.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Castiel on Jun 03, 2014, 03:16:15 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 03, 2014, 02:54:33 PMAlso book spoilers :
Spoiler
[close]

It's a crappy way to go.

It...Shas...you...:/

Also, something I didn't notice was this subtle glance between characters (spoilers) :
Spoiler

'Still ready if this f**ks up?'
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 03, 2014, 03:25:59 PM
Also, something I didn't notice was this subtle glance between characters (spoilers) :
Spoiler

'Still ready if this f**ks up?'
[close]

Huh, didn't pick up on that myself. That's great.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 03, 2014, 05:04:00 AM
It would help to have some wins in the series. 

There may be one or two upcoming but they are far outweighed by losses.  The series does suffer from so much negative shit happening that it becomes distracting.  It does eventually feel like Martin is constantly maiming, torturing, defeating, killing his characters to f**k with his audience.

That's kinda how I feel. Tired of seeing characters I've come to like or love get brutalized.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed