The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,365 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 23, 2014, 10:40:47 PM
Spoiler
Ellaria Sand tries to start a coupe against her father to crown Myrcella princess of Westeros so they can go to war with the Lannisters.  That would be kind of hard to show without Dorne being involved. 
[close]

Spoiler
On the other hand, since that coupe fails, it's not exactly a necessary part of the major story. I'm not saying I don't want to see it, but I think the show could move forward just as good without introducing that.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
The plot fails but is still a major point in the story because it initiates dorne against house lannister and westeros.  I think its just as necessary as the Iron Islands and most of what Dany does.  I'll be disappointed if it gets skimmed over next season. 
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 24, 2014, 06:55:07 AM
Spoiler
The plot fails but is still a major point in the story because it initiates dorne against house lannister and westeros.  I think its just as necessary as the Iron Islands and most of what Dany does.  I'll be disappointed if it gets skimmed over next season. 
[close]

Yeah because Oberyn hasn't made it blatantly obvious at every step the Dornish don't like the Lannisters...

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

found online:

QuoteLittlefinger: "Giant, tell my ladies which exit to use."

Hodor: "Hodor."

ba dum tish.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xenodog on May 24, 2014, 08:06:01 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah because Oberyn hasn't made it blatantly obvious at every step the Dornish don't like the Lannisters...

book spoils

Spoiler
Slight difference between disliking somebody and actively plotting to usurp their reign on the throne by aligning with the targaryens muf**ka.
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 24, 2014, 08:36:16 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on May 24, 2014, 08:06:01 AM
Spoiler
[close]

book spoils

Spoiler
Slight difference between disliking somebody and actively plotting to usurp their reign on the throne by aligning with the targaryens muf**ka.
[close]

Dislike is weak word for 'wanting to kill' though. :P

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You are the one that used it.  Oberyn talking about his dislike for the mountain for what he did to Oberyn's sister doesn't make it clear to the reader that all of Dorne dislikes the Lannisters.  It only becomes clear when the two major plots against Lannister rule are revealed to the reader.  Right now it can be misconstrued as a personal grudge which is what it seems like when you are reading the book for the first time. 

Valaquen

Valaquen

Spoilers for the books:

Spoiler
They really don't need most of Arianne's plotting. Show the clear anti-Lannister sentiment after Oberyn's death and have Doran key Arianne in immediately. I'm sure the writers can come up with an easy way to still have Myrcella become maimed without all the narrative cul-de-sacs that GRRM couldn't control in AFFC.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
I doubt they will maim myrcella but then it'll be hard for her to confess against the bad man to Balon Swann.
[close]

If we are going by don't needs there is a whole lot of don't needs in the book.  We don't need Dani doing the same shizz over and over again or Arya continually assassinating people.  But we get it anyway.  Skipping out on new plots just to further the old ones over and over again will get annoying.  Especially because we don't know how relevant they will be in the future.  Some miniscule plot now could be the initial stage for a mega event later. 

First Blood

First Blood

TJ have you watched the first season yet? ;)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Nah, nah, that's not how ya do it. It's more like:

OI. TJ. YOU GET OFF YOUR BLOODY FAT ASS LONG ENOUGH TO WATCH THE FIRST SEASON YET?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on May 25, 2014, 03:51:45 PM
TJ have you watched the first season yet? ;)

TJ watched Cersei give JL a BJ.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

INTERNALLY SCREAMING

When I finally have a ship and find a character in GoT legitimately attractive.

First Blood

First Blood

Who's the lucky character?

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Spoiler
Jaqen H'ghar

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed