The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 472,073 times)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 15, 2012, 06:10:59 PM
Anyone else want Henry Ian Cusick in that role? ;D

I'd love for him to be involved in GOT - the suggestion of James Purefoy was great as well  :)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

haha, wow, yeah.

that fooker really did know NOOTHIN.

MrLee

MrLee

Current rewatching the Batman movies ready for the new one.

But i just noticed..... i swear the actor that plays Joffry is the little kid in Batman Begins that Batman gives his night vision too and later is in the Narrows with Rachel.

Gazz

Gazz

He is. Batman saved the little shit.

MrLee

MrLee

haha... if only Batman knew he would beat hookers and cut off Sean Beans head......

Sean Bean could still be with us today....  :'(

Rick Grimes

Shasvre

Shasvre

Iwan Rheon have been cast as Ramsay Snow.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/iwan-rheon-cast-in-game-of-thrones/

QuoteHBO's Game of Thrones reigns as cable's highest-rated series. This official companion book gives fans new ways to enter this fictional world and discover more about the beloved (and reviled) characters and the electrifying plotlines. Hundreds of set photos, production and costume designs, storyboards, and insider stories reveal how the show's creators translated George R. R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series into the world of Westeros. Featuring interviews with key actors and crew members that capture the best scripted and unscripted moments from the first two seasons, as well as a preface by George R. R. Martin, this special volume, bound in a lavishly debossed padded cover, offers exclusive access to this unprecedented television series.

Release Date: September 25, 2012

192 Pages
I need to have this.

First Blood

First Blood

RUMOR: Burn Gorman & Noah Taylor Join GAME OF THRONES Season 3 Cast

According to Winteriscoming.net's sources, Burn Gorman and Noah Taylor have been spied shooting scenes in Belfast, where Game Of Thrones season 3 is filming now. The pair were seen alongside Night's Watch cast members such as James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont), Mark Stanley (Grenn), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly) and Ben Crompton (Dolorous Edd). So who might they be playing? Well the only other major character yet to be cast for season 3 is Mance Rayder, the "King beyond The Wall". The role was recently offered to Dominic West, who had to turn it down, but it is unlikely that either of these actors would be playing that part, especially given the characters they were said to be keeping company with. They may possibly be brand new characters, or just high profile cameos destined to be White Walker fodder, but that seems unlikely.

Noah Taylor is a British-born Australian actor who has appeared in many films, including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Burn Gorman was born in the States, but moved to the UK at a young age. He is probably best known to most as Owen Harper in Torchwood, but was most recently seen in The Dark Knight Rises as the unfortunate Mr Stryver.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=65458

genocyber

genocyber

I watched through this entire series so far and I find it very boring. All it is is people f**king, and arguing. If I wanted to see that, I'd watch some soap operas.

First Blood

First Blood

Hooray for three dimensional characters!

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: genocyber on Aug 10, 2012, 02:33:31 PM
I watched through this entire series so far and I find it very boring. All it is is people f**king, and arguing. If I wanted to see that, I'd watch some soap operas.

There is a line between being a slickly produced, well conceived, brilliantly executed, action/adventure/political/dramatic/fantasy and a common soap opera.

If watching richly developed characters interacting against a backdrop of civil war, looming supernatural invasion armies, and dragons is so boring to you that you'd rather watch 'soap operas' ... wow ... I can't help but feel that you just aren't the type to be entertained by anything audio/visual. Maybe you should consider a career being shot of canons, wrestling with alligators, or tying electric eels into knots and whipping wild elephants.

I get a little carried away, forgive me. I know there's different strokes for different folks and all ... but I can't imagine a set of circumstances that would have a registered member of an Aliens/Predator forum that would be so far removed from being able to take in (and thoroughly enjoy) this series.

I mean, it would be different if this were a quilting forum.  :laugh:

genocyber

genocyber

The pacing of the show is terribly slow. It takes 6 episodes for something to happen.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

lol?

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: genocyber on Aug 10, 2012, 08:36:01 PM
The pacing of the show is terribly slow. It takes 6 episodes for something to happen.

I disagree. I feel the show builds up certain events and sets others in motion which effect characters later on. Season Two would have been terribly disappointing if they chose to do the invasion within the first few episodes. I am glad they waited and showed each side/House prepare. I am mean, Christ there's so many characters, it would be foolish to rush things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed