Alien Embyro placement

Started by CavatinaTheXeno, Apr 12, 2011, 04:48:17 AM

Author
Alien Embyro placement (Read 4,776 times)

CavatinaTheXeno

CavatinaTheXeno

Anyone talk about how the facehugger would get a alien embyro into the chest etc.

Cos if you think about it the idea just does not work the facehugger would need 2 make a hole in the windpipe 2 place the embyro outside. Plus I've never seen anything on the end of the facehugger tube like thing 2 do this. ???

So I'm going to ask what your idea is of this. ;)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

It obviously doesn't do it in a clean pain less way.
The impregnated people are meant to be strung up in the hive not walking around.
The frequent nose bleeds, trouble breathing, and basically heart problems Ripley suffered lead me to think it just shoves the tube down your throat and the embryo goes where it goes. Then when the burster is ready, and has grown its roughly in the center of the chest. The embryo likely goes in between the lungs.... maybe.... not sure.
Anyways that's my opinion and thoughs.

SM

SM

The thing somehow samples the native atmosphere of the host and then extracts that atmosphere from the ambient atmosphere and feeds it to them.  Like a mini-AP Station.

Injecting something through the esophagus into the chest cavity between heart and lung - possibly on a microscopic scale - would be a doddle.

SiL

SiL

You mean trachea?

Esophagus is the food tube.

SM

SM

Yeah that one.

SiL

SiL

At least you didn't go from the trachea to the womb.

That would be silly.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Totally silly.

SM

SM

Yeah - I mean, who'd do that, eh?

SiL

SiL

You'd have to be some sort of dumbass.

Shasvre

Shasvre

:D

In Resurrection it looked like the chestburster was inside Purvis' throat. But that little bastard was on its way out when we saw it.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I've always thought it grew in the stomach, I mean, the acid obviously wouldn't harm it.  If the embryo were in the lungs, breathing would be painful if it were even possible at all (breathing is painful when there are small obstructions in the lungs, not to mention writhing, phallic, needle-toothed death snakes.) 

That's what happened with Kane's son.  He started shoveling in all of that microwaved schezwan space-food and it was time to hit the road, through the sternum. 

SiL

SiL

AlienĀ³ clearly shows it's in the chest.

They all exit out of the chest.

Ergo, they're in the chest.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 12, 2011, 07:34:59 AM
I've always thought it grew in the stomach, I mean, the acid obviously wouldn't harm it.  If the embryo were in the lungs, breathing would be painful if it were even possible at all (breathing is painful when there are small obstructions in the lungs, not to mention writhing, phallic, needle-toothed death snakes.) 

That's what happened with Kane's son.  He started shoveling in all of that microwaved schezwan space-food and it was time to hit the road, through the sternum.

They don't grow in the lungs.

Anyway, to answer thread.

I guess the facehugger tube just pierces the windpipe. So the alien can start growing somewhere saife within the body.

I have also heard that the facehugger injects a virus into the host, causing some of the hosts cells to mutate and start growing into the alien embryo.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

okay but can someone explain azzburzterz then??!??!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 12, 2011, 01:53:16 PM
okay but can someone explain azzburzterz then??!??!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed