DC Universe Animated Movies

Started by x2SMONEY, Apr 05, 2011, 01:37:07 AM

Author
DC Universe Animated Movies (Read 6,074 times)

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Upcoming movies:
Batman: Year One
Green Lantern: Emrald Knights
Justice League:Doom

I gotta say these have blown me away. I look forward to every one that comes out, so I decided to make this topic just to be able to keep track of all upcoming DC animated movies coming out in the near future.
The list of movies I'd like to be made:(Mostly if not all Batman)

-The Dark Knight Returns
-The Dark Knight Strikes Again (Loosely adapted)
-JOKER
-Arkham Asylum
-The Killing Joke (Possibly combined with The Man Who Laughs)
-Batman:Knightfall
-Batman: The Long Halloween
-Batman: Dark Victory
-Batman Reborn (A combination of Battle for the Cowl, Long Shadows, and Life After Death)
-Batman: Hush
-Batman: No Mans Land
-Batman and Robin
-Batman Incorporated
-A movie about Gotham Cities Underworld (Maybe called Streets of Gotham)

Huol

Huol

Gimme a Dick and Damian movie.

;-; please.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Well All Star Superman was terrible, but Under the Red Hood and the JL Crisis on two Earths were great. I hope these will be good, but you never be sure.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I would say that my favorites so far has been All-Star Superman, Wonder Woman and Under the Red Hood. I'm very much looking forward to Batman: Year One and wouldn't mind seeing a Kingdom Come movie sometime in the future as well. Or Superman Birthright, that would be awesome as well.

Ghostface

Ghostface

The killing joke would be fantastic!

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

QuoteThe killing joke would be fantastic!

Agreed!

Quotend wouldn't mind seeing a Kingdom Come movie sometime in the future as well.

Ths is a great idea and I hope they will make this movie longer than 65 minutes. At Red Hood you can see that 10 minutes+plus is a huge difference at story telling. At All Star everything is rushed and Superman was a cardboard 2dimensional, uninteresting character...and also I don't like this Silver Age version of Superman. He is too strong, too smart and there is nobody in the world who can take him down etc.. I am much more for the Superman TAS style version.

kindom come would be amazing, but i think going from ross's art to cartoon style would hurt it too much,

a JSA movie would be awesome, introduce all the old golden age characters,

if you are talking "elseworlds" style movies, how about The Nail, or Batman: Vampire

Shasvre

Shasvre

I almost forgot, The New Frontier was great as well. Very classic. :)

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 05, 2011, 12:41:48 PMif you are talking "elseworlds" style movies, how about The Nail

I would love to see that. The graphic novel was amazing.

Quote from: csutkakoma on Apr 05, 2011, 12:35:53 PMAt All Star everything is rushed and Superman was a cardboard 2dimensional, uninteresting character...and also I don't like this Silver Age version of Superman. He is too strong, too smart and there is nobody in the world who can take him down etc.. I am much more for the Superman TAS style version.

Can't say I agree with you there. The movie only felt rushed compared to the graphic novel, at least in my opinion. About Superman being too strong, that had to do with his cells getting an overdose of solar power. Not to mention that Luthor almost had him beaten at the end.

It was good enough to get my friend, who's otherwise uninterested in the character, rooting for Superman.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I enjoyed brainiac attacks as well. TBH I'm not a big superman fan, never really appealed to me, yet these recent animated films have made me like him a lot more.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

QuoteI almost forgot, The New Frontier was great as well. Very classic. :)

Yes it was a very good one indeed.

QuoteCan't say I agree with you there. The movie only felt rushed compared to the graphic novel, at least in my opinion.

Of course. The novel is better but it never was my favorite. It is just not my cup of tea.

QuoteAbout Superman being too strong, that had to do with his cells getting an overdose of solar power.

I know, maybe I just wasn't clear. I am talking about the silver age version of Superman in generar, but in the animated movie he was just totally uninteresting to me, but I gues it has to do to which version of Superman do you like.

QuoteI enjoyed brainiac attacks as well. TBH I'm not a big superman fan, never really appealed to me, yet these recent animated films have made me like him a lot more.

Do you mean Braniac attacks? It was horrible IMo. Anyway there are lot of great animated movies out there from DC. Batman Maks of the Phantasm, Batman Subzero, Batman Beyond Return of the Joker, Superman Doomsday, Batman Mystery of the Batwoman(It was not perfect, but still very good.).

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Apr 05, 2011, 02:38:13 AM
Gimme a Dick and Damian movie.

;-; please.

You couldn't handle it.

Noone could.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

I always thought that out of all the fantastic Batman stories out there, why pick Under the Red Hood? I mean I loved Under the Red Hood, it's my favorite DC animated movie but still, they should make some of the classics first. Though, if they make The Dark Knight Returns or something along the lines of that scale of epicness, I'd want them to put as much time into it as possible.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Ghostface on Apr 05, 2011, 11:05:26 AM
The killing joke would be fantastic!

I'd only really want that if Hamill and Conroy were involved.

I can't imagine hearing that dialogue without them

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Didn't Hamill said he will stop playing the voice for The Joker after Batman: AC? I would love to see DC1M into a animated movie as well.

Huol

Huol

Yeah he did.

He's said that before though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed