Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 500,019 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S1 E9-14

There's a huge uptick in quality when the show moves to Paris in Episode 13. And Darius is easily one of the more interesting characters in the entire franchise, shame he didn't last long.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S1 E15-16

One episode has the lead singer of the Fine Young Cannibals as the villain, and one riffs on Phantom of the Opera in a fairly entertaining fashion. This show is so odd.

Black Mirror - "USS Callister", "Black Museum"

Not really seen this show before, but I really liked these two.

Prez

Prez

Wayward Pines ... ok after 2 episodes I'm very curious now.

j0nesy

j0nesy

i watched the first season and it was surprisingly decent, i thought

Prez

Prez

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 22, 2020, 04:41:44 AM

Twin Peaks like at times and bit like an extended episode of the Twilight Zone too.

j0nesy

j0nesy

both of those comparisons are fair! from what i remember, matt dillon never returned for s2 and i didn't bother giving it a shot

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S1 E17-22

The season definitely ends on a bang. And Roger Daltrey shows up for the finale, because of course he does.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S2 E1-9

The show actually uses Dust in the Wind for an important character's death... and it totally works. And the Watchers/Hunters are a really solid addition to the lore.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S2 E10-12

In this group of episodes, we've gotten Roddy Piper and Jonathan Banks as villains. Watching Mike Ehrmentraut slap Richie around in the shower was hilarious.

Stingray

Stingray

The TV pilot for Badlands 2005 from 1988... a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic series made by the "other" George Miller... why didn't this become a thing??

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Jul 22, 2020, 05:01:26 AM

Twin Peaks like at times and bit like an extended episode of the Twilight Zone too.

Finished Season 1. Bit cheesy ending. I feel asleep in season 2 opener. No Matt Dillon = a cheapened experience.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S2 E13-22

I could do without the drunken French hobo they randomly make a regular, but the back half of the season is overall pretty strong. And I swear they used a Predator sound effect in the two part finale. :laugh:

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Started The Expanse.. on episode 5 and it's picking up and getting better.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Jul 29, 2020, 06:40:48 AM
Quote from: Prez on Jul 22, 2020, 05:01:26 AM

Finished Season 1. Bit cheesy ending. I feel asleep in season 2 opener. No Matt Dillon = a cheapened experience.

Persisted with Season 2. Wish I didn't. Trying desperately to feel important but it felt like it was simply dragging out til the ho hum ending. Unfortunately Jason Patric simply doesn't have the presence Dillon had.

Spoiler
and killing off pretty much every character with gravitas from the first season and replacing them with solid B grade equivalents
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Gunsmoke

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed