Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,327 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 21, 2018, 01:22:12 PM

As for myself, me and the missus have just polished off season 4 of The Wire. I know the fourth season is the one that people always cite as the best... but it's honestly not my favourite. I don't like how there's no real central case to it - contrary to every other season - and the almost complete lack of McNulty drops the comedy factor by a big margin. I can't deny that it's magnificently made, and I'm certainly not saying I don't like it, but I personally much prefer 1 and 3.

Basically mirroring my thoughts on Season 4.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Stranger Things   Season 1 & 2.   5 Stars!

Before this The Wire loved that series. Season 2 is my favorite McNaulty the sailor man :D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 21, 2018, 01:22:12 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 21, 2018, 11:49:34 AMHard Sun Episode 6
Man what a series, please let there be a second series

I've heard really mixed things about that. Thinking of giving it a go though.

Definitely give it a go. Its one of those where it all comes down to personal preference

Star Trek TNG Season 3 Episode 1
You can tell they got the budget thing sorted because the look is so much clearer. Its an okay Season opener. Also the last time a Season opener for TNG wasn't a part two lol

Babylon 5 Season 3 Episode 22
What a fantastic episode. Gives me chills and The final voice over is performed perfectly by Andreas Katsultas

Babylon 5 Season 4 Episode 1
Just flows so well and one of the best well written shows out there. Up yours Sheldon Cooper lol

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace ep1
great to see this series back and an intriguing story to go with. Such a diverse cast and itll be interesting to find out more about this story as I only remember the news reports of him being shot

Seaquest DSV Season 1 Episode 24
when they thought they were gonna get cancelled so they did this lol

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Seaquest DSV Season 2 Episode 1
Essentially this is a second pilot. Shame we lost some of the cast in the move from LA to Florida

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 22, 2018, 12:16:47 PM

What a fantastic episode. Gives me chills and The final voice over is performed perfectly by Andreas Katsultas

Still remember seeing this on TV back when it first aired and being totally gobsmacked. Loved this show.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Mar 03, 2018, 11:17:24 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 22, 2018, 12:16:47 PM

Still remember seeing this on TV back when it first aired and being totally gobsmacked. Loved this show.

Same. Cant believe its taken Freeview TV so long to show it.

Would love to see a new version of it as I know that's something JMS would like to do

Modus Season 2 Episode 7-8
Great ending to this series. Hope we get a third

Agents of Shield Season 5 Episodes 1-2
What a great start to this season, wonder how much itll link into Infinity War

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 22, 2018, 12:16:47 PMBabylon 5 Season 3 Episode 22

I haven't been mentioning it, but I'm still working my way through the show. Just started season 3. When it's good, it's excellent, but I don't think I'm quite invested enough in the characters to really enjoy some of the more filler-y episodes. Liking it well enough but probably not something I'll feel any major desire to see again once I'm done.

Finished off the last season of The Wire over the weekend. It doesn't sound like much, dropping from the planned 13 episodes to the 10 that ultimately got made, but you really feel the reduced run time in the final season. Compared to the very deliberate pacing of previous years, some aspects of the story feel massively rushed this time, especially in the first half. Fortunately though, it seems to rectify this somewhat towards the end and I really like the finale with its "the more things change the more they stay the same" message. Remains my least favourite season though. The central plot just feels kinda ridiculous compared to the grounded realism of the others, and, great as it is to have douchebag McNulty back, it feels to me like his switch from sobriety back to raging drunk is both jarringly sudden and a little excessive - his escapades go above and beyond anything we've seen before. Still, even with those flaws, I can't harp on it too much, because it's still stellar TV that piles on the drama and black comedy like few other shows can.

Also I'm so glad
Spoiler
Bubbles got a happy ending :) I couldn't remember what happened to him from the first time I watched, so it was really great to see him on the up by the end of the series.
[close]

I also got around to watching the first episode of Training Day. Ironically, this suffered from the same major problem as season 5 of The Wire - it was so damn rushed. It felt like something that was originally twice as long that had been haphazardly cut down to a 45-minute slot, at the expense of any real character development, tension-building or even coherence. It's a shame because Bill Paxton was great in the main role, and I always get a kick out of Joaquim de Almeida cropping up as a Hispanic drug kingpin, but I got the impression that had this been a less hyperactive feature-length episode or even a two-parter, it would've been exponentially better. Hopefully things will calm down a bit in subsequent episodes.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 05, 2018, 12:15:39 PM
Would love to see a new version of it as I know that's something JMS would like to do

Amazing when you look up JMS' career how much stuff he's been involved with that I love (the old Masters of the Universe cartoons spring to mind).

Similar to Mark Verheiden nowadays ... hard to believe he wrote those original Aliens' comics for Dark Horse back in the day.

Baron Von Marlon

Married With Children
Started from the beginning.

Russ

Russ

I just started (finally) Breaking Bad.

HuDa - Hard Sun is glorious. It's utter TV drama nonsense, but the two leads work their proverbials off to sell it. There's an Irish comedienne in it too - Asling Bea - and I kept thinking "I know her, I know her" - when I did google the thing I was amazed it was "that Irish comedienne of off "A League of Their Own." Her performance is fantastic.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Mar 06, 2018, 09:24:59 AMThere's an Irish comedienne in it too - Asling Bea

Yeah, I was aware she was in it. Don't think I've ever seen her do anything serious before so that was another reason I was curious.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 05, 2018, 08:54:17 PM
Married With Children
Back when Al kinda got fed and liked Peg. :laugh: One of my all time favorite series!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on Mar 05, 2018, 01:11:26 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 05, 2018, 12:15:39 PM

Amazing when you look up JMS' career how much stuff he's been involved with that I love (the old Masters of the Universe cartoons spring to mind).

Similar to Mark Verheiden nowadays ... hard to believe he wrote those original Aliens' comics for Dark Horse back in the day.

Agreed. He's a name that has been everywhere

Action Team Episodes 1-2
Lol utterly brilliant and absurd at the same time. Great spoof of the genre

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Russ on Mar 06, 2018, 09:24:59 AM
I just started (finally) Breaking Bad.

It's good but overrated imo. Never got the hype.

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 06, 2018, 12:27:47 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 05, 2018, 08:54:17 PM
Married With Children
Back when Al kinda got fed and liked Peg. :laugh: One of my all time favorite series!

:D

I'm near the end of the first season and Al's still hasn't mentioned his touchdowns. Or called Marcy a chicken. Things to look forward to  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed