Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,746 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Feb 24, 2014, 09:52:34 PM
So... you liked it or not? :)
>_>

<_<

Spoiler
I still haven't watched it yet :P
[close]

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 24, 2014, 09:56:33 PM
I still haven't watched it yet :P
What do I have to do to make you watch True Detective... or Lars Von Trier's The Kingdom... or Game Of Thrones... or (insert casual name of tv-series not in the animee genre:-X

Cvalda

Cvalda

I've been in kind of a funk lately and haven't watched anything, film or otherwise, in weeks :-\ I'll try and start it this week.

SiL

SiL

The Following

God damn, every episode after the first five or ten minutes I say "That character's in on it", and waddya know, shock twist towards the end of the episode where it turns out the character was in on it, oh no.

Unimaginative and heavy-handed, yet I still want to keep watching Kevin Bacon be three steps behind the audience.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 24, 2014, 10:22:52 PM
I've been in kind of a funk lately and haven't watched anything, film or otherwise, in weeks :-\ I'll try and start it this week.

Oh, well I hope things get sorted out for the good then in the end. :-*

Spoiler
I was just about to flash you my *** to get your attention :D
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Do it anyway.

KiramidHead

Eva

Eva

This isn't one of your Decoteau movies, Cvalda. :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Good lord, just admit that you are obsessed with him and want to watch more of his masterpieces! ;D

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 24, 2014, 11:05:19 PM
Good lord, just admit that you are obsessed with him and want to watch more of his masterpieces! ;D
The only way that will ever happen, is if you should successfully manage to entrap my person and make me. ;D

Spoiler

''You WILL watch it, Eva!"
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: SiL on Feb 24, 2014, 10:26:40 PM
The Following

God damn, every episode after the first five or ten minutes I say "That character's in on it", and waddya know, shock twist towards the end of the episode where it turns out the character was in on it, oh no.

Unimaginative and heavy-handed, yet I still want to keep watching Kevin Bacon be three steps behind the audience.

That show does have its faults but there is something I really like about it that keeps bringing me back with each new episode.

I don't know how far in you are but if you're all caught up:

Spoiler
It was no surprise to me that Lily was up to something but it's still kind of vague what exactly that is. This season started off with more of a buildup than the first season that just dove right into it. I like the twins. I like the new dynamic which is far more interesting than the previous cult. And I'm interested to see how things play out. They're hitting even more grey areas with the characters this time.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

I watched the first season a few months back and thought it jumped the shark during the mid-way point. But it was like a train wreck, I couldn't turn away and had to keep watching. It's one of the worst-best shows I've seen. And James Purefoy is a delight! :laugh:

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 24, 2014, 11:33:30 PM
I watched the first season a few months back and thought it jumped the shark during the mid-way point. But it was like a train wreck, I couldn't turn away and had to keep watching. It's one of the worst-best shows I've seen. And James Purefoy is a delight! :laugh:

At what point did you think it jumped the shark?

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
When the Sheriff (who was a following member) was brought in to aid in the investigation. The FBI is investigating Carrol's group. When he kiddnapped Weston, you'd think he and his clan would want to protect their identities - especially the sheriff given his position of power.
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 25, 2014, 12:22:06 AM
Spoiler
When the Sheriff (who was a following member) was brought in to aid in the investigation. The FBI is investigating Carrol's group. When he kiddnapped Weston, you'd think he and his clan would want to protect their identities - especially the sheriff given his position of power.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, that wasn't very smart. :laugh:
[close]

Flaws aside, the show's cinematography and its somber mood are great and effective. And there are some wonderful character moments. The acting is top notch.

It's just a pity that the writing is weak at times. I do like this slow burn of season 2 though and it's actually more intriguing than season 1, I feel. But we'll see...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed