Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 499,987 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 28, 2013, 09:13:40 PM
Season 5 is some insanely well done and fast paced myth structuring that sets up some truly great things.

And it has worked brilliantly so far, especially the payoff in 'The Life And Death Of Jeremy Bentham'. That entire episode was just...wow.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hannibal S1E06-09 "Entree", "Sorbet", "Fromage", and "Trou Normand"

The show gets even better as it goes along, with "Sorbet" easily being one oft he best episodes. Hannibal's dinner part preparation was pretty damn spectacular. The producer's cut of "Entree" was also quite good, with some extra nastiness added back in, for good measure. "Trou Normand" had some great reveals regarding the overall arc, and a particularly memorable guest star.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 28, 2013, 03:08:16 AM
Lost S5E04-07 'The Little Prince', 'This Place Is Death', '316', 'The Life And Death Of Jeremy Bentham'

Dear God, this show is fantastic. Season five is so strange and there are so many terrible ways that the insane content of this season could have been handled that is absolutely astonishing at how good a grasp the writers have on the weirder parts of the show's mythology. I love this show more than I can describe right now.

Oh man, just wait for what comes in the next episodes. :D

Watched most of the Homeland S2 marathon today and boy am I ready for S3 this Wednesday. The episode Q&A in particular was stellar. Very intense acting.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Eva on Sep 29, 2013, 08:31:15 PM

Just twiddling my thumbs waiting for Mark Pellegrino to appear at the moment :D

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 29, 2013, 08:37:18 PM

Honestly can't remember how much he's on screen in the S5 episodes... He (along with Titus Welliver) has some very nice and memorable moments in S6 - Richard Alpert's past is also finally explored in Ab Aeterno. Great and very emotional stuff.

The next episode for you must be LaFleur, right? That's a brilliant episode. Sawyer gets some moments to shine here. :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hannibal S1E10-13 "Buffet Froid", "Roti", "Releves", and "Savoureaux"

Well, that was intense. Between the rather scary killer in "Buffet Froid," the, ahem, brutal return of Dr. Gideon in "Roti," and the just plain f**ked yet kind of awesome ending, that was one damn fine final stretch for the season. The final scene is basically perfect, and does exactly what it needs to get me excited for Season 2.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Eva on Sep 29, 2013, 08:43:58 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 29, 2013, 08:37:18 PM

Honestly can't remember how much he's on screen in the S5 episodes... He (along with Titus Welliver) has some very nice and memorable moments in S6 - Richard Alpert's past is also finally explored in Ab Aeterno. Great and very emotional stuff.

The next episode for you must be LaFleur, right? That's a brilliant episode. Sawyer gets some moments to shine here. :)

Yup, 'LaFleur' is up next. More Sawyer is always a great thing. He had one of the funniest moments this season so far.
Spoiler
When they're in one of the canoes they found and are being chased in the water with darts flying at them, when he shouts up into the sky begging for help. Then they travel through time, and it is pouring rain. "I take that back!" :D
[close]

Very interested in seeing more Richard. Quite the interesting character so far, given his, erm, condition.
Spoiler
He looks quite good for his age, whatever it may be ;) I heard that his story ties into the Black Rock, which is cool.

Now I'm just waiting for an explanation on that damn four toed foot :D
[close]

KiramidHead

BANE

BANE

"Shut up, Bitch"

:laugh:

Vertigo

Vertigo

Today I watched two of the very best and worst science documentaries I've ever seen.

For the former, Origins Of Us, presented by Alice Roberts in a three-part series. It details the evolution of hominins, and the various developments that led to Homo Sapiens, both environmental and as a linear progression - and why it all happened. It's massively watchable, no matter where you're coming from - it's not dumbed down, yet it's perfectly accessible and communicates its points clearly. It's well paced, without a wasted moment, and I learned a lot from it. Can't recommend it strongly enough.

And as for the worst, Resurrection Science, which addresses the various attempts being made to bring back extinct animals (specifically, dinosaurs, mammoths and Neanderthals). It plods along at sophorific pace, never going into enough detail on the processes or focusing on exciting elements. It stretches 10 minutes of material into 30. It makes stupidly obvious statements which insult your intelligence. It occasionally veers off on pointless tangents, failing to connect them to the central story. It doesn't provide counterpoints or a dialogue among the researchers. It doesn't address any of the CONSIDERABLE ethical ramifications of these avenues of research. It is, basically, a complete waste of time. I turned it off before the last segment, for the dual reasoning of being fundamentally opposed to Neanderthal cloning, and realising I'd wasted half an hour of my life.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Breaking Bad - Felina (series finale)

So sad to see it go, but overjoyed that everything got the ends tied. Farewell to the perfect TV show! Thank you for everything!

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 29, 2013, 08:44:29 PM

Well, that was intense. Between the rather scary killer in "Buffet Froid," the, ahem, brutal return of Dr. Gideon in "Roti," and the just plain f**ked yet kind of awesome ending, that was one damn fine final stretch for the season. The final scene is basically perfect, and does exactly what it needs to get me excited for Season 2.

Any idea what Season Two's focus is going to be on?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 30, 2013, 03:36:35 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 29, 2013, 08:44:29 PM

Any idea what Season Two's focus is going to be on?

Well, Bryan Fuller described Season 1 as the "bromance," and Season 2 as the "ugly breakup." :laugh: There's also some things that I've read will be happening next season:

Spoiler

-Jack Crawford is coming under investigation for the events of Season 1.
-There were will be a "romantic interest" for Hannibal. Should be fun given his definition of friendship.
-Dr. du Maurier and her history with Hannibal will be delved into.
-Dr. Gideon is still alive and should be returning.
-Fuller has hinted that Lance Henriksen's character will be coming back and acting as a "father figure" for Will.
-Hannibal's Uncle Robert, Barney, Mason Verger, and Margot Verger will all be appearing in some capacity.
[close]

I'm guessing Hannibal will be locked by the end of Season 2.

First Blood

First Blood

Sounds great! I like the sound of Gideon returning. Such a disturbingly fun character.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 30, 2013, 03:52:41 PM

Fuller said in the bonus material he hopes Season 4 is Red Dragon. ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 30, 2013, 03:55:38 PM
Sounds great! I like the sound of Gideon returning. Such a disturbingly fun character.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 30, 2013, 03:52:41 PM

Fuller said in the bonus material he hopes Season 4 is Red Dragon. ;D

That leaves Season 3 as the big question mark here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed