Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,068 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Lost S3E04-08 'Every Man For Himself', 'The Cost Of Living', 'I Do', 'Not In Portland', and 'Flashes Before Your Eyes'

This show is getting very dark, and getting better and better as it goes on an expands the mythology.

Spoiler
Eko, no :'(

And it was pretty cool seeing Nathan Fillion as Kate's husband.
[close]

Lost is at its best when it gets weird, and 'Flashes Before Your Eyes' was exceptionally weird. Loved every second of that one.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ah, man, just wait for "The Constant". One of the best episodes in the show.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Finished the 4th season of Farscape

Oh boy. What a hell of a show. :)

Now i only need to watch the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries wich concludes all of the storylines...

bracing myself for the grand finale. :P

Eva

Eva

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 31, 2013, 11:50:23 PM

Yeah... I think we discussed this episode, didn't we? :)

Nightmare Asylum

'The Constant'...season 4...so far away :P

But if me mentioning the great 'Flashes Before Your Eyes' made it come up in a conversation, it must be excellent ;D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yup, The Constant is a Desmond-centric episode, and widely considered the best episode in the series. I don't think I could narrow down my favorites, but The Constant would definitely be on it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Eva on Aug 02, 2013, 09:58:20 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 31, 2013, 11:50:23 PM

Yeah... I think we discussed this episode, didn't we? :)

Yeah, remember that. Few months back, as I was watching the show.

Terx2

Terx2

Falling Skies Season 3 Episode 1 & 2

Looking forward to see how this pans out. Especially with the Volm introduced now.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Terx2 on Aug 03, 2013, 03:04:16 AM
Falling Skies Season 3 Episode 1 & 2

Looking forward to see how this pans out. Especially with the Volm introduced now.

You poor f**ker.....

I finished up Top of the Lake,

I liked the ending sickening as it was, but as i've previously stated Elizabeth Moss was miscast as Robin, the accent continued to grate on my ears especially in more emotionally charged scenes, i don't understand why they couldn't have given her an american background, that would explain the trans/atlantic/pacific accent.

Also got a little pissed with the Robins character motivations, doing dumb shit all the time for someone thats had so many shitty things happen to her.

also liked the visual metaphors like the dear head's very subtly handled, the show became more bleak as it progressed, worth the watch, recommended, not sure if i could watch it again though.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Cowboy Bebop - Episodes 5-11

[crackhead twitch]

Without a doubt one of the best anima-- one of the best sci-fi sh-- one of the best shows ever made. From heavy metal, to soul, to abnormal adorability (Ein and Ed), to an episode-long Alien homage, it's a series of constant joys and engaging drama. The sci-fi elements and art design never feels conventional, and it's almost fetishistic to sci-fi nuts in its painterly look. I nearly no-frictioned when Spike used weapon recoil in zero gravity for course correction.

My favorite part is that, amongst the huge-scale, beautiful world building is the amount of depth and heart the lead characters have-- and they're all lovable in their own unique ways. Their unconventional teamwork and friendly competitions are endless fun to watch amidst the highly personal character drama piece episodes that continue to unravel each of the Bebop's crew.

It was the love of what I saw that kept me from returning the show unless I knew I had the time to barrel through, and luckily, after starting again from the beginning to where I left off and beyond, I'm finally able to indulge in it. Really, it won me over as effortlessly as Spike works over any random thug.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

That's my favourite TV show ever.
The ending will break your heart.

The film is also very good but was made to work strictly for fans of the tv show... and takes place between a couple of episodes of the show.

SIMULANT

SIMULANT

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 02, 2013, 06:29:16 PM
Finished the 4th season of Farscape

Oh boy. What a hell of a show. :)

Now i only need to watch the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries wich concludes all of the storylines...

bracing myself for the grand finale. :P

Enjoy the final eps of Farscape. Awesome show, still a shame it was cancelled.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 03, 2013, 05:13:51 PM
The ending will break your heart.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 03, 2013, 02:36:54 PM
Cowboy Bebop - Episodes 5-11

[crackhead twitch]

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57k8yWN3w1qbbbw4o1_500.gif

Without a doubt one of the best anima-- one of the best sci-fi sh-- one of the best shows ever made. From heavy metal, to soul, to abnormal adorability (Ein and Ed), to an episode-long Alien homage, it's a series of constant joys and engaging drama. The sci-fi elements and art design never feels conventional, and it's almost fetishistic to sci-fi nuts in its painterly look. I nearly no-frictioned when Spike used weapon recoil in zero gravity for course correction.

My favorite part is that, amongst the huge-scale, beautiful world building is the amount of depth and heart the lead characters have-- and they're all lovable in their own unique ways. Their unconventional teamwork and friendly competitions are endless fun to watch amidst the highly personal character drama piece episodes that continue to unravel each of the Bebop's crew.

It was the love of what I saw that kept me from returning the show unless I knew I had the time to barrel through, and luckily, after starting again from the beginning to where I left off and beyond, I'm finally able to indulge in it. Really, it won me over as effortlessly as Spike works over any random thug.

Great to see you shotgunning this like a fratboy on the Fourth of July. Knew you'd love it, and there's so much greatness yet to come.

Rong

Rong

Nice wrap up of those eps sweeper, I know it's a great show when I can't choose a favourite character they're all so well developed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed