Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,213 times)

Nightmare Asylum

You were right, Cal. You were so right.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

:laugh:

Man, oh man. I'm so excited for you right now. LOST to me, is greatest creation to ever grace my TV in my opinion. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much already.  :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vepariga on Jun 15, 2013, 01:42:26 PM
The Fall

Episode 1

Slow burn with a consistant atmosphere of dread and observation. Gillian is still lovely as ever and her character is brutally enjoyable. The last scene in the episode had me going 'aww shit' ..and they where just there.

now for Episode 2..

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 17, 2013, 04:24:27 AM
if the quality remains consistent,
It absolutely does... and beyond. The series gets weird in Season 2-- seriously weird, and weird is good. VERY good. The weak point is the beginning of Season 3 for about three odd episodes that are incredibly restricting... and then the season becomes incredible again.

Nightmare Asylum

Ooohhhh, really liking the sound of 'weird'. A show like this needs 'weird'.

So uhhh, whatever happened to the Nightmare Asylum that existed a year or so ago that hated TV? :D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

You got a proper Sweepsucation! : D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 17, 2013, 04:34:53 AM
So uhhh, whatever happened to the Nightmare Asylum that existed a year or so ago that hated TV? :D

He has been replaced.

Glad you're liking the show, NA. Had a feeling you would, considering how much you loved BSG. :)

Me?

Breaking Bad S1E93-04 "...And the Bag's in the River", "Cancer Man"

Trying to rewatch the whole thing before the ultimate season begins. Goddamn, I'd forgotten how much things had changed since season one. It's just a fantastic feeling to be going through this journey again, knowing what's to come.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 17, 2013, 04:30:00 AM
:laugh:

Man, oh man. I'm so excited for you right now. LOST to me, is greatest creation to ever grace my TV in my opinion. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much already.  :)

f**k...

Spoiler
YEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 17, 2013, 04:34:53 AM
Ooohhhh, really liking the sound of 'weird'. A show like this needs 'weird'.

I should also add that one of the pitches I threw to SpaceMarines to convince him to watch the show was "It's like a great Michael Crichton novel if he knew how to execute on characterization". I still think that's the best way I can describe it.

Nightmare Asylum

Huh, interesting. When it comes to Crichton I've only ever read Jurassic Park and The Lost World (though I remember almost nothing from the later).

As much as I loved Jurassic Park, I think I see where you're coming from.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jun 09, 2013, 05:05:33 PM

From X-Files Season 4    "Home"  one creepy episode.

This is one episode back in the day the scifi channel refused to rerun after its initial showing.

Scully trying to move pigs using the quote from Babe   5 stars!  * * * * *   :D
I can't associate the contents of this episode with its name. What was it about? About lycanthropy?
EDIT: now I checked, it's about Peacocks! I like, I like.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Hannibal - Episode 1 "Apéritif"

...woah now.

Rarely can a show that is done in a mature, haunting, and genuinely stimulating fashion be found on network television, and Hannibal presents itself as the exception. So many elements of this are 'in name only' in regards to the previous Hannibal franchise incarnations, most of all Will Graham-- his characterization here is strong, intense, and incredibly multi-faceted, played to perfection by Hugh Dancy.

My biggest fear going into this, putting what I knew to be a fantastic cast aside, was with NBC's primarily comedy-lead track record, with no attention given to dark dramas like this. I feared for a highly lit, bright, and tacky look to the series for maximum viewership appeal, but it's muted tones and grainy images give it a very grounded and ominous vibe, making the show distinctly atmospheric. Aside from non-distractingly hiding some nudity and avoiding above PG-13 language, the show hardly compromises itself to fit the network standard (as done with Breaking Bad, Battlstar Galactica, LOST, etc). After seeing the preview for the season's coming events, it's looking to follow through on the promise of character tension that seems to be amped up more and more with every scene between Will and Hannibal.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 18, 2013, 05:25:25 AM
Hannibal - Episode 1 "Apéritif"

...woah now.

Rarely can a show that is done in a mature, haunting, and genuinely stimulating fashion be found on network television, and Hannibal presents itself as the exception. So many elements of this are 'in name only' in regards to the previous Hannibal franchise incarnations, most of all Will Graham-- his characterization here is strong, intense, and incredibly multi-faceted, played to perfection by Hugh Dancy.

My biggest fear going into this, putting what I knew to be a fantastic cast aside, was with NBC's primarily comedy-lead track record, with no attention given to dark dramas like this. I feared for a highly lit, bright, and tacky look to the series for maximum viewership appeal, but it's muted tones and grainy images give it a very grounded and ominous vibe, making the show distinctly atmospheric. Aside from non-distractingly hiding some nudity and avoiding above PG-13 language, the show hardly compromises itself to fit the network standard (as done with Breaking Bad, Battlstar Galactica, LOST, etc). After seeing the preview for the season's coming events, it's looking to follow through on the promise of character tension that seems to be amped up more and more with every scene between Will and Hannibal.

I knew you'd like it. :)

Just don't give up on it when it briefly becomes a "killer of the week" show. It's still leaps and bounds ahead of anything else in that genre when doing it, but thankfully it gets back on the rails pretty quickly and focuses on the characters and their interactions. There was a particular episode where it really hit me how many of the characters were monsters, playing dangerous games and dancing in deadly circles around each other, with only Hannibal being fully aware of the dance.

Nightmare Asylum

Lost S1E06-09 'House of the Rising Sun', 'The Moth', 'Confidence Man', and 'Solitary'

Watched these earlier today. Loved the bunch of them. Some very interesting progressions, especially in that last one with the revelation of the
Spoiler
French woman from the recording.
[close]

Also, Hurley may just be the greatest character in anything ever. Just sayin'.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 20, 2013, 02:08:31 AM
Lost S1E06-09 'House of the Rising Sun', 'The Moth', 'Confidence Man', and 'Solitary'

Watched these earlier today. Loved the bunch of them. Some very interesting progressions, especially in that last one with the revelation of the
Spoiler
French woman from the recording.
[close]

Also, Hurley may just be the greatest character in anything ever. Just sayin'.
Oh Hurley. He's just great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed