Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,915 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Huh, maybe that's why they have the webisodes on the second disc then :P

I'll give it a go that way, then.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, that might be best. Never quite been sure about the multiple webseries, where they're supposed to fit in.

Nightmare Asylum

From what I heard the Razor Flashbacks webseries is just mostly deleted scenes that made it into the DVD/Blu Ray release of Razor, right?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Is Battlestar Galactica really that good?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Give it a watch and you'll find out whether it is a cup of tea for you or not.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Can you just tell me what kind of show it's supposed to be? It looks almost like a space opera from what I've seen.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Kinda, yes.

The Cylons were created by man; the 12 colonies of Kobol made robotic servants called Cylons.

They rebelled; the Cylons declared war on their creators, initiating a bloody war.

They evolved; the robotic Cylons make peace with the humans, and retire to find a planet to call home. An ambassador ship is built. Every year, humans send in a representative, Cylons don't. Nobody heard of them in 40 years. After this time period, the Cylons return -- having created biological, infiltrating models that replicate human beings almost perfectly.

There are many copies; each of the new humanoid Cylons is part of a series of models based on a single archetype.

And they have a plan; striking a surprise attack, the Cylons come back to their creators after 40 years and nuke the 12 colonies. The survivors retire within a fleet of starships, including the old Battlestar Galactica. The Cylons go after them.

The series does fit the basic definition of space opera. There is drama and focus on characters and their development throughout its duration; and not only, but it features a theological debate and an abudant social commentary.

I love the series, but much like anything in the media it is not for everyone. It starts with the miniseries, so if you are interested you could give it a watch.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

From your descripition it seems like I would be interested in watching it. Hopefully I can start when I get home.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Cal, I've noticed that you share the same interests as me for just about errthang, so if that holds true, you will absolutely love Battlestar Galactica. It's one of my all time favorites.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Cult of Sweeper.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 19, 2013, 10:37:15 PM
Cal, I've noticed that you share the same interests as me for just about errthang, so if that holds true, you will absolutely love Battlestar Galactica. It's one of my all time favorites.
Might as well put it in my favorites as well?  :laugh:  8)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Patlabor OVA - Episode 1: Second Unit, Move Out!

A fun, entertaining way to start the series. The exposition dump dialogue is handled with wit and the loads and loads of characters are introduced in such a way that we get a good sense of who all of them are and where they fit in the narrative. Also, the Patlabor Compare ShadowPred and I did is spot on perfect -- probably the most uncannily perfect Compare in the history of that thread :P

Effectz

Effectz

LoL calvada,i LoL'd sorry woops.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Top of the Lake- Episode 2

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed