Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 500,080 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Fantastic. Glad you're loving it. One of the best shows ever. And I am not exaggerating.

Game of Thrones Season One

The Pointy End
Baelor
Fire and Blood

Well Season One is over, and I enjoyed rewatching it so goddamn much. The characters, the plots, deception, music etc. Everything really - you couldn't ask for a better season. Most shows it takes a season or two to find their footing. Nope not this. It was f**king perfect from episode one.

And Ser Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen) reminds me so much of a Jedi Knight. Something about the way he carries himself, and the overall look of the character. This guy needs to be in the new Star Wars movie. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 22, 2013, 01:43:01 AM
I love how it's really Baltar who indirectly ends the conflict between Pegasus and Galactica by sending his newfound vengeful assassin friend after Cain. Such a layered form of self-preservation and just another part of Baltar's [nervous] genius. Sometimes even the viewer doesn't realize when it's going on. Amazing character... and how about that assault on the Resurrection Hub?!  :o

Yeah, that space battle was amazing. I think the context really worked, too. It was really cool how they used it as more of a backdrop to the ships' internal affairs while still letting the audience see the events go down in all of their glory.

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 22, 2013, 01:44:44 AM
Fantastic. Glad you're loving it. One of the best shows ever. And I am not exaggerating.

And I am all the more intrigued in seeing where it goes in the coming episodes :)

First Blood

First Blood

You will shed tears by the time it's all over.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Guh...now I'm contemplating watching another episode.

Battlestar Galactica S2E13 'Epiphanies'

This episode actually got kind of hard to watch at times, but it was very good and has me very intrigued for what's to come.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Game of Thrones S01E04-05 "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things", "The Wold and the Lion"

This was where things started to get really interesting, watching this for the first time. I've always been curious what would've happened in the Ned/Jaime duel had not that footsoldier intervened.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 22, 2013, 01:34:34 AM
Battlestar Galactica S2E11-12 'Resurrection Ship: Part 1' and 'Resurrection Ship: Part 2'

That was a great two-episodes right there. Especially at numerous points in the second half where I could hear my heart beat getting more and more intense. I am quite happy that things wound up going the way that they did.

I really do love this show.

One of the best sets of episodes, I remember. 'Course, most of them meet that description. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Battlestar Galactica S2E14 'Black Market'

Interesting episode and had a moment towards the end that I was certainly not expecting, but it felt a bit weak coming off some of the excellent episodes that I just finished up.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, that one's among the series' weakest episodes. Lee doesn't really work as a central character until the Season 3 finale where the writers (and really, he) finds his place.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 22, 2013, 01:34:34 AM
I really do love this show.
And I love you.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 23, 2013, 03:48:07 PM
Battlestar Galactica S2E14 'Black Market'

Interesting episode and had a moment towards the end that I was certainly not expecting, but it felt a bit weak coming off some of the excellent episodes that I just finished up.

Aye, a weak one.

But on the bright side, Bill Duke! (Even if he was somewhat wasted...)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He was very wasted, yes.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm just sad that BSG Noir didn't work out.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not to its full potential. Duke needed more episodes I would think.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I don't think so. I think the episode's biggest failing is feeling like filler and focusing on aspects of characters that we didn't care enough about. Duke did what he had to, but wouldn't have served any purpose as a side villain in any more episodes. When you've got deceptive Cylons and backstabbing political/military intrigue in an interstellar fleet, a money grabbing gangster is a minor distraction.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 23, 2013, 09:12:15 PM
I think the episode's biggest failing is feeling like filler
Yup!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I should also mention that I only ever label episodes as 'filler' when I've seen what comes after them. Some people (a lot of people) mistakingly label episodes as filler simply because they don't rely on massive setpiece moments or monumental game-changes, but they could be episodes that are absolutely essential to telling a story properly.

Case and point? The Breaking Bad episode "Fly". The critical reception pins it as one of the series' best episodes, but most people you ask about it will dismiss it as filler... to which I ask, "did you even watch the f**king episode?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed