Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 499,973 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 20, 2013, 06:51:15 PM
Have you seen any of Jane Campion's work? Like The Piano or Portrait of a Lady?

I've seen The Piano and In the Cut. Wasn't fond of the latter but I quite liked The Piano.

Cvalda

Cvalda

In the Cut is considered her worst film, The Piano her masterpiece. I think Portrait of a Lady is brilliant, though, and horribly underrated. I really recommend you see it. Nicole Kidman and Barbara Hershey are fantastic in it.

Top of the Lake is way closer to The Piano than it is to In the Cut, as well. The visuals and cinematography alone are epic and more cinematic than anything else done for a TV drama maybe ever.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 20, 2013, 06:58:45 PM
In the Cut is considered her worst film, The Piano her masterpiece. I think Portrait of a Lady is brilliant, though, and horribly underrated. I really recommend you see it. Nicole Kidman and Barbara Hershey are fantastic in it.

Top of the Lake is way closer to The Piano than it is to In the Cut, as well. The visuals and cinematography alone are epic and more cinematic than anything else done for a TV drama maybe ever.

I will give Top of the Lake a watch this weekend. How is Holly Hunter in it? I wasn't quite sure what to make of her from the trailer alone.

Cvalda

Cvalda

She's not featured too heavily so far, but she's definitely interesting. The scenes with her and her camp are great.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Seen sleeping beauty, the film she produced?  :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

No, I haven't. It's on the list, though :P

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

On my list too.. the bits i've seen have been very creepy.... :P

Vickers

Vickers

Sleeping Beauty is utter garbage.

First Blood

First Blood

Game of Thrones Season One

You Win or You Die

"...I did warn you not to trust me."

And with that, my jaw was on the floor the first time seeing that moment. One of my favorite episodes of season one. It's when everything began to fall apart at the seams for the Stark Clan, and the realm itself. Here is where Joffery & Cersei become two of the most detestable characters in the show.

Shasvre

Shasvre

At least Cersei has her cheekbones. Joffrey is just a dick. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Battlestar Galactica S2E10 'Pegasus: Extended Episode'

One of the best the show has to offer made even better with a few added sequences. Hoping to watch both parts of 'Resurrection Ship' later tonight.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

YES. They must be watched back to back.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Finished Transformers Prime season 2, I am ready for season 3.  This will be the last of the robot things I will be watching for awhile.

Nightmare Asylum

Battlestar Galactica S2E11-12 'Resurrection Ship: Part 1' and 'Resurrection Ship: Part 2'

That was a great two-episodes right there. Especially at numerous points in the second half where I could hear my heart beat getting more and more intense. I am quite happy that things wound up going the way that they did.

I really do love this show.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I love how it's really Baltar who indirectly ends the conflict between Pegasus and Galactica by sending his newfound vengeful assassin friend after Cain. Such a layered form of self-preservation and just another part of Baltar's [nervous] genius. Sometimes even the viewer doesn't realize when it's going on. Amazing character... and how about that assault on the Resurrection Hub?!  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed