Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 504,591 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 04, 2019, 01:34:09 PM
Penny Dreadful: Season one

So-so. The ideas recycled for covenant are a bit on the nose. PROTEUS pouring the tea for his creator, the "you've a light step" line, and so on and on.

I'm surprised you bought it outright Huggsy without seeing it prior / knowing you like it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 05, 2019, 01:03:30 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Aug 04, 2019, 01:34:09 PM
Penny Dreadful: Season one

So-so. The ideas recycled for covenant are a bit on the nose. PROTEUS pouring the tea for his creator, the "you've a light step" line, and so on and on.

I'm surprised you bought it outright Huggsy without seeing it prior / knowing you like it.

I hardly buy anything, and it was cheap.

The second season is an improvement so far.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That's good.

I watched a few episodes. I didn't hate it, just never got into it.

Huggs

Huggs

Well, I also watched some of it on YouTube and read the whole thing online first. So I didn't go into it completely blind. I'd heard the first season was a bit silly at times. It didn't really grab me right off. The guys playing Frankenstein and his monster did an excellent job though. The second season is earning its keep a bit better. I'm starting to see this guy's style and what effect it had on Covenant.

That thing with the kid though. One of the most brutal shots I've seen in awhile. I've got a cast iron stomach and it darn near grossed me out.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I wasn't as into Season 2. I thought the whole thing with the witches was a bit lame, and shoving them into Vanessa's backstory retroactively didn't work at all. That and the Dorian Gray and Frankenstein plots continuing to have nothing to do with anything got on my nerves.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 05, 2019, 04:39:42 AM
I wasn't as into Season 2. I thought the whole thing with the witches was a bit lame, and shoving them into Vanessa's backstory retroactively didn't work at all. That and the Dorian Gray and Frankenstein plots continuing to have nothing to do with anything got on my nerves.

I hear you. That's what killed season 3 of AHS for me. I can't stand anything with witches, it always feels too childish. And Dorian is serving no purpose other than to screw everything that moves. The Frankenstein angle is what's keeping it afloat for me. At least those guys are getting some decent writing.

I get the feeling this could've been so much better in the hands of someone else.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Falling Skies Season 4 Episodes 1-6
That was an unexpected and unneeded left turn i think

Code 37: Sex Crimes Season 2 episodes 11-13

Transformers - The Original Animated Series Season 1

The Old One

The Old One

Love Death + Robots is top tier.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Transformers - The Original Animated Series Season 2 Episodes 1-10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Preacher S4 E1-2

Not bad, but some of the story directions they're going in feel a bit forced.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 06, 2019, 12:25:56 PM

I need to start this. I got it on black Friday a couple of years ago and still haven't touched it.

Baron Von Marlon

Wentworth, season 7, halfway through.
Still one of the better female prison dramas. Locked Up/Vis A Vis being my favorite. I think Wentworth even "borrowed" things from it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 06, 2019, 08:03:23 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 06, 2019, 12:25:56 PM

I need to start this. I got it on black Friday a couple of years ago and still haven't touched it.

Its a classic. Very much of its time but still so enjoyable

Baron Von Marlon

Wentworth, season 7
Still good, especially for a 7th season. Think this might be the last.

Locked Up/Vis A Vis, season 3, episodes 1-3
Still quality.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 09, 2019, 01:48:22 AM
Wrong thread.

Which season? My favorite's the first. After that it goes downhill.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 09, 2019, 02:16:17 AM

Locked Up/Vis A Vis, season 3, episodes 1-3
Still quality.

This the Spanish Prison one? Yeah great show. Im halfway through Season 2 atm

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed