Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 497,933 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Rong Swanston on Jan 21, 2013, 10:39:16 AM
[Girls] Have you watched it?

It's very well written, encapsulates much of gen y...

I suppose it's not for everyone.

I've watched four episodes. It's cringe-inducingly unfunny and populated with thoroughly unlikable characters. I suppose it does make a commentary on post-Facebook youth culture, which might have been fresh and sharp, ooh, five or six years ago. I just don't get the attraction though.

Rong

Rong

Really depends on your life experience, and sense of humour.

Not for everyone, but it's a pretty honest depiction from my point of view, what contemporary tv show provides a similar commentary?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Haven't started watching it yet, but I'll give it a go once I become interested again. My sister owns the DVD, so it's always there if I feel the need to watch it.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 21, 2013, 08:52:39 AM

Spoiler
Especially considering that there's going to probably be detail behind those flashes of death with Misato against the wall and Ritsuko floating in the water with a gunshot wound in her back that I've been telling myself over and over is just a part of Shinji's inner conflicting negativity... but it was all too clear for it to have no explanation. If this is truly how Anno wanted to end the series, there's no way those details can be skipped over... my body is definitely not ready.
[close]
[/center]

Spoiler
Gainax (the studio funding the series) had actually run out of budget at this point thus leading to the seemingly anti-climatic ending. Also this is why there is much reused footage and at the times the characters don't even move their mouths while talking. This is why somethings aren't shown in detail as well and are just quick flashes. Anno felt that it was a good and different way to end it, while still giving the message he wanted to give.

Some of the fans however were pissed with the ending going as far as to send him death threats (this was also while he was in/recovering from depression, which is what lead to the darker tone starting from episode 16 onwards), thus according to some rumors during the production of End of Evangelion he got tired of all that shit and proceeded to make End as both an ending and a f**k you to the people harkening for a different ending.

In other words Evangelion's ending was the 90's version of the Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Just watched it...

Spoiler
...definitely a better ending than Mass Effect 3.

As for what happened with the funding for the series, I had assumed that much in the final two episodes rather than assuming that they actually wanted to end it with something so visually unspectacular and uncertain.

I think everybody's thoughts on the first half of EoE are universally the same; it's f**king incredible, epic, and it's clear where everybody is trying to go. The second half turned into a something much more abstract, it really was the visual interpretation of the final two episodes with a layer of story context over it. It does drip into pretentious areas (that very well may serve a greater meaning) such as reflecting back to the audience by showing clips of [our] reality and the theater audience itself-- being reality as we perceive it... a lot of that, while interesting in how it was layered, wasn't necessarily adding anything to the story that was attempting to be told.

The religious significance went over my head, and I'm wondering if Christianity is an existing belief within the NGE universe or if the presentation of the Angels is what brought the imagery such as Lilith (in replacement of Jesus) being nailed to the cross as opposed to replicating humanity's existing beliefs... oh f**k, my head.

I also realize that Shinji was forming what reality would ultimately become along with Rei (seemingly mirroring Adam and Eve), and that his mental indecisiveness would be the struggle between having humanity be formed as individuals or as one entity. Particularly appreciated the part where he built the pyramid in the sandbox, representing the GeoFront, it supposedly being where life was formed. Ultimately, chosing individual existence over instrumentality, he returns to Earth, a desolate waste with nobody else around. Though he wished for individuality, he is seemingly the only individual... but beside him is Asuka.

"How disgusting."

To make a horrifying, sad, lonely, and cold ending 'worse', she tops it off with resentment. It kinda takes "not if you were the last guy on Earth" to another level. However, Shinji's ability to percieve others is based on how he sees them; if every other human is gone, is Asuka simply the work of his mind, and her final words to him simply confirmation of the pain and betrayal of returning to individuality? It's all very uncertain to me at this point, but it currently is one of the saddest, most bleak endings. If destiny is the end of all things, what value does destiny hold?

Humanity is destroyed, all that remains is a sobbing boy left to live out the rest of his days in the lonely purgatory he has created for himself and a forever drifting angel. This is quite possibly the most depressing ending I've ever experienced.
[close]

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Pawn Stars

Vepariga

Vepariga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66qUm2ypmIE#

Got the whole series. I found it again while searching my external HDD. Good times good times  :laugh:

Rong

Rong

Utopia ep2

... Hrrrmmm I can see this show falling of the rails, it's still keeping me interested though, Wilson wilson is still by far the best character.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Brickleberry

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Beast Wars season 1 2 and 3

Wow I miss the tv part of my childhood.

First Blood

First Blood

The X-Files

S1:E1 - Pilot
S1:E2 - Deep Throat

Cvalda

Cvalda

Yeessssssssss. Season one is a bit rocky, but stick with it.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 25, 2013, 04:09:16 AM
Yeessssssssss. Season one is a bit rocky, but stick with it.

Oh, I plan on it. ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Your next ep, Squeeze, is pretty fantastic ;D

First Blood

First Blood

I am already wondering who the mysterious informant is. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed