Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 497,816 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 11, 2012, 08:38:12 AM
Homeland

Episode 2 "Grace"
Episode 3 "Clean Skin"

Oh my god. This show. THIS f**kING SHOW. It is absurd how good Claire Danes is in this, and her character is just something to behold; frustrated and frustratingly conflicted, like most of my favorite characters, and sports a gut-trusting drive that is enough to jack my adrenalin alone. She's daring and unpredictable, and while it's dangerous in her line of work, it's also invaluable in her investigations. Damian Lewis is also worthy of mighty mention with soft-spoken and sometimes intensely un-spoken tendencies, the way his ambiguity is being formed is absolutely masterful. It all keeps your mind racing at a mile a minute while holding your undivided attention.

From it's ambiguously complex characters to the ever-interesting investigatory politics, this show is downright inspiring to me.

Indeed. The first season is outstanding. The characters, the ambiguity, all of it. And yeah, the final episode -- oh my God. Saul became one of my favorite characters.

Quote from: Laufey on Oct 11, 2012, 12:50:50 PM
Supernatural - Season 8

What's Up, Tiger Mommy?

Pretty mediocre episode, but I have mentioned a few times how I would like to see Jared Padalecki play Balder in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Well, this didn't exactly change my mind.

Spoiler
[close]

I started watching that after Arrow, but turned it off. Decided it would be best if I watched Season Seven first. :laugh:

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Duck Dynasty [On A&E]

It's a pretty funny show about a family that sells duck calls and has made it a huge enterprise; called Duck Commander. (site: http://www.duckcommander.com/) I don't hate the show, hell, I'd watch it by myself. My brother overplays the episodes too much. Long story short, if you like shows like this; then .. well. I have no idea..

First Blood

First Blood

American Horror Story
Episode 1 – Pilot

The Harmon family moves to Los Angeles to begin anew. They move into an old creepy looking house which has a past to it. There was a murder suicide. It's not long before weird things start happening and they meet the bizarre next door neighbors. For the most part I really enjoyed this. Some of the stuff that goes on here is really odd. But I am used to Ryan Murphy's often weird and creative sense of style, when I used to watch Nip/Tuck regularly. Dylan McDermott as Dr. Ben Harmon is pretty good. He plays a psychiatrist – who is trying to reconnect with his wife Vivien (Connie Britton) after he was caught cheating on her. They already give hints at who might be a ghost here; which I don't mind. The concept behind the maid is pretty interesting; with both Ben and Vivien seeing two different interpretations of her. And the one Ben sees, taps into his inner most desires as well as his past.

What I like most about this show is that it's built as an anthology. So it's going to be a new story and new cast each season. Season Two is already looking to be great – whilst taking place in an insane asylum. They've also brought Joseph Fiennes aboard.

It's a pretty good start here, and I can't wait to finish off the first season.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just finished Supernatural - Season 4. Probably gonna take it a bit easy now, or else I might just overdose on the show. :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Oct 12, 2012, 11:29:08 PM
I just finished Supernatural - Season 4. Probably gonna take it a bit easy now, or else I might just overdose on the show. :laugh:

Wish choice. I am taking a breather from it myself, before starting season seven. :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Homeland - Season 1

Episode 4 "Semper I"
Episode 5 "Blind Spot"
Episode 6 "The Good Soldier"
Episode 7 "The Weekend"
Episode MyCum "f**kING EVERYWHERE"

Blacklabel

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

To this day I still say that it was a missed opportunity to use Bear Grylls for PREDATORS promos.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Babylon 5: "Objects at Rest"

Damn man. I didn't quite cry while watching this, but holy shit, I was close. The penultimate episode of this absolutely marvellous space opera, and one of the best as well. Gonna go through all of the movies before I watch that final one, stretch this goodbye as long as I can. :(

I feel sad, knowing that this wonderful journey is nearing its end. But this show just leaves me with an enduring optimism. Countless times over these five seasons, terrible things have happened. The future portrayed is not perfect; much like the in the real world, terrible things happen to good people, evil isn't always vanquished, and tragedy strikes the good and the pure. But, in the end, good is never truly defeated. Yes, evil always comes back, again and again, but neither does it last. In this wide sea of dystopian and pessimistic visions of what is to come, Babylon 5 presents us with something unique; a universe in which optimism does not feel misplaced.

Many of the actors from this series have died over the years, all well before their time. This saddens me, but it also makes me feel better knowing that they will live on through this series, through these characters that I have grown to know and love. And that is something powerful.

This is a bit of a rambling mess, but I felt I just had to get my feelings out about this truly remarkable television series.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Fringe

Shasvre

Shasvre

The new episode of Comic Book Men was pretty decent. But were the episodes this short the last season as well?

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Oct 16, 2012, 12:04:41 AM
The new episode of Comic Book Men was pretty decent. But were the episodes this short the last season as well?

Yeah, it looks as if they cut it from an hour to a half-hour. Huh.

Vakarian

Vakarian

The Walking Dead Season 3 Premier.

Pretty good episode, actually went by a lot quicker than I was expecting. Good pacing, good mix between action and dialogue. A few things bugged me technical wise, but other than that everything was pretty solid.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 16, 2012, 12:14:05 AMYeah, it looks as if they cut it from an hour to a half-hour. Huh.

Not even half an hour. The one I saw was only 21 minutes. :'(

First Blood

First Blood

I guess that was without commercials? :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed