PREDATOR 4 should be the title for the next film.

Started by samoht, Mar 14, 2011, 08:48:25 AM

What should the name of the next predator film be?

Predator 4
Predator 3
Predators 2
Author
PREDATOR 4 should be the title for the next film. (Read 32,054 times)

bov930527

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 10, 2011, 10:35:24 PM
As I see, Predator
->  Predator 2
=> Predator 3
->Predators

Predator 2 and Predators doesn't contradict each other. Also NA said P2 is not thrown out the window. Still, Predatos is not meant to be Predator 3. RR pretty much expressed he wishes to see it as something that could have been made as the first of the series. As I see, it's illogical to call a movie then the fourth, when the third doesn't exist. Why would Predator 3 say no to predator 2, when they cannot contradict each other at all in the way of numbering. The only problem could be with Predators, but when it is not Predator 3, it's just pointless to call something the 4th.

I think a new part of something comes with new turns all the time. Unless it's total bullcrap, it necessarily brings up new ideas, concepts, preferably good ones. Though since Predator, we haven't seen anything that could've made everyone go like: 'that's exactly what I wanted it look like!'. There are debates about predator 2 (unnecessary ones imo), predators, not to mention avp movies (which btw I don't even count in now, they aren't 'predator' movies). a movie with the number 4 would suggest for me 'okay, we reached that number too, let's skin the motherf**ker once again'. For me this says what you told:
Quote"Well, another predator, nothing new."
Suggests a constant downhill. No ideas but just a movie for more income.
Three as a number is symbolic. If Predators is really a 'step towards the good path', as so many reviews said as conclusion, and as people like it to referred to, it'd be simply a huge slap to call its sequel Predator 4. Like just another skin hung out, drying, waiting for the flies to come...

Btw If it must have Predator as title, I'd like Predator 3. best would be Predator and a brutal sub line.

I think all of the predator-including movies are "movies for more income"  ;).

Also, the name of the topic is that "Predator 4" should be the name of the next movie, not necessarily "Predator 4" should be the name of the next "Predators" sequel. That said, I think that the next Predator movie can have a reference to the "Predators", but not been a direct sequel. Also, movies often come out in trilogies. Meaning that the 3rd movie is pretty much the same as the previous, while the 4th is a completely new path in the same universe. You can see this pattern in most of the movies that have sequels.

Having "Predators 2" would be too dull and boring and we would prettty much know what to expect right away (or if a director gets a spark of genius and blows our brains out with awesomeness dispite the confusing name  ;D it would totally rock). "Predator 3" feels too old. Just like the movies in the 80`s and 90`s. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but after seen the AVP series, the old plot wont have the same effect (that is why I think "Predators" did not become such a successful movie). "Predator 4" says "21st century baby!". But I think that is really personal and the way you understand and feel towards the numbers is entirely individual. Still, for the purpose of not confusing the general audience I would go with "Predator 4" due to all the reasons I have pointed out above.

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: bov930527 on May 10, 2011, 11:21:17 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 10, 2011, 10:35:24 PM
Spoiler
As I see, Predator
->  Predator 2
=> Predator 3
->Predators

Predator 2 and Predators doesn't contradict each other. Also NA said P2 is not thrown out the window. Still, Predatos is not meant to be Predator 3. RR pretty much expressed he wishes to see it as something that could have been made as the first of the series. As I see, it's illogical to call a movie then the fourth, when the third doesn't exist. Why would Predator 3 say no to predator 2, when they cannot contradict each other at all in the way of numbering. The only problem could be with Predators, but when it is not Predator 3, it's just pointless to call something the 4th.

I think a new part of something comes with new turns all the time. Unless it's total bullcrap, it necessarily brings up new ideas, concepts, preferably good ones. Though since Predator, we haven't seen anything that could've made everyone go like: 'that's exactly what I wanted it look like!'. There are debates about predator 2 (unnecessary ones imo), predators, not to mention avp movies (which btw I don't even count in now, they aren't 'predator' movies). a movie with the number 4 would suggest for me 'okay, we reached that number too, let's skin the motherf**ker once again'. For me this says what you told:
Quote"Well, another predator, nothing new."
Suggests a constant downhill. No ideas but just a movie for more income.
Three as a number is symbolic. If Predators is really a 'step towards the good path', as so many reviews said as conclusion, and as people like it to referred to, it'd be simply a huge slap to call its sequel Predator 4. Like just another skin hung out, drying, waiting for the flies to come...

Btw If it must have Predator as title, I'd like Predator 3. best would be Predator and a brutal sub line.
[close]
I think all of the predator-including movies are "movies for more income"  ;).

Also, the name of the topic is that "Predator 4" should be the name of the next movie, not necessarily "Predator 4" should be the name of the next "Predators" sequel. That said, I think that the next Predator movie can have a reference to the "Predators", but not been a direct sequel. Also, movies often come out in trilogies. Meaning that the 3rd movie is pretty much the same as the previous, while the 4th is a completely new path in the same universe. You can see this pattern in most of the movies that have sequels.

Having "Predators 2" would be too dull and boring and we would prettty much know what to expect right away (or if a director gets a spark of genius and blows our brains out with awesomeness dispite the confusing name  ;D it would totally rock). "Predator 3" feels too old. Just like the movies in the 80`s and 90`s. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but after seen the AVP series, the old plot wont have the same effect (that is why I think "Predators" did not become such a successful movie). "Predator 4" says "21st century baby!". But I think that is really personal and the way you understand and feel towards the numbers is entirely individual. Still, for the purpose of not confusing the general audience I would go with "Predator 4" due to all the reasons I have pointed out above.[/spoiler]

I see what you mean. I still don't see Predator 3 as something that makes it old, rather complete, capable of spawning tons of creative ideas. And 4 didn't come really good as I see (Indiana Jones/ Terminator, hmmm). Though I wasn't thinking about this 'confusing people' with numbers, might be true  :-\

Yea, all movies are made for the money :D Though on some it can be totally felt, and on others the professionalism and care just flows towards you from the screen. P1 and P2 (and even if I had problems with it) Predators is the latter, Avp series isn't. I just want a Predator movie that rocks, and makes me think after so many years, I was waiting for that, and I could just make a camp in the cinema, watching that one movie all day long.

bleau

What if they just called it Predator. Then fans can interpret  it into their own canon, it could still be considered a sequel. If RR can make a direct sequel to Predator and kind of ignore Predator 2, then why not.

Predators 2 just sounds dumb to me.

samoht

I think what some of you guys don't understand is that the majority of people who see the films are casual viewers and do not view the franchise with the same logic as you do.

They will think that calling it predator 3 is stupid because there already has been a 3rd film in the franchise.

bleau

Quote from: samoht on May 11, 2011, 06:22:12 AM
I think what some of you guys don't understand is that the majority of people who see the films are casual viewers and do not view the franchise with the same logic as you do.

They will think that calling it predator 3 is stupid because there already has been a 3rd film in the franchise.

Not including the AvP's?

samoht

Obviously not including those.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: samoht on May 12, 2011, 10:04:45 AM
Obviously not including those.

Except the first.  :P ;)

Scree

P4E: PREDATOR-4-EVER

Everything else makes no sense.  :P

Taraka

Predator: Tribal War or Blood Feud

Peakius Baragonius

If they make Predator and Predators into two separate franchises, then the titles should be Predator 3 and Predators 2.

If they continue from Predators, then it should be Predator: Resurrection.

Indiana Jones 4 is the most underrated sequel of all time, by the way.

AncientPred

I think it will definately be; PREDATORS w/ a subtitle. Considering some of the elements set up in PREDATORS, something like 'Blood War' isn't too far of a stretch.

Am I the only one who gets excited at the prospects of a future boxset rivaling the Alien movies?
ALIEN Quadrilogy + PROMETHEUS & possible sequels including a return of Ripley.
PREDATOR/PREDATOR2 + PREDATORS/sequels & other standalones

Taraka

lol we're never seeing Ripley again. Unless maybe as a photo. Sigourney's pretty much made it clear she's done with Ripley. I think of her as the otherside of the coin with Robert England (forgot exactly how he spells his name.). She seems to be sick and tired of ripley and the aliens, where as Robert loves being Freddy Kruegar and enjoys his work.

skull-splitter

Voted Predators 2 for the sole reason I don't think it fits well within the established Predator 1 and 2 lore. Predator films should be stand alones, focussing on a single conflict. Predators might be interesting as far a developing a series.

Taraka

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 22, 2011, 11:30:52 AM
Voted Predators 2 for the sole reason I don't think it fits well within the established Predator 1 and 2 lore. Predator films should be stand alones, focussing on a single conflict. Predators might be interesting as far a developing a series.

Y'know what'd be kinda cool for a film? Ever seen Ju-on: The Grudge? (I don't think the "Americanized" version helps with what I'm getting at.) We should have a movie consisting of several people, or parties, who're all hunted or encounter a Predator, weather it be the same one or different ones. I think that'd be good in a film. That kinda could fit with the lore of the first 2 films, as long as it involved a main character who deals with the predators in the end (Or, is dealt with by the Predators.)

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Well, since "Predators" is supposed to a reboot of the franchise, I think the next film, if it has one or multiple Predators, should either be called, "Predators: something" or "Predator: something".

Originally, Robert's idea was to have "Predators" follow the Alien-route of making a direct-sequel to the original and add more creatures. That's of course, obvious to see.

So, if this a whole new start, like Nolan's Batman films, then Predator 1 and Predator 2 is the old franchise and therefore, there won't be any "Predator 3' or "Predator 4". This isn't like "Aliens" and then, "Alien 3".

"Predators" could also viewed as a spin-off or seperate franchise.Have a series, dealing with one Predator and another series, dealing with multiple Predators.

And since "Predators" is meant to be a direct sequel to Predator, then it shouldn't be considered, "Predator 3". It's confusing.

Fox wants "Predators" to be the start of a reboot and as we know, Robert, originally wrote Predators as a sequel to Predator, so things have kind of merged.

You could have three seperate Predator series:

-The lone-Predator hunting people scenario

-Multiple Predators hunting humans\ or Predator blood-feuds

- If the AvP series, continues

Honestly, I'd like to see the Predator blood-feud expanded more in future films and set the location on a different planet. Maybe it's time we see the Predator planet and go in-depth with the different Predator species.

Or...go back to a lone-Predator scenario and maybe, introduce us to a female Predator, this time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed