I want to see Striker Eureka NOW

Cvalda

Cvalda

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Has you even played a PS2, nigra?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

In the subject of PS2... Metal Gear Ray is still a better mech design than these Del Toro robots... :P

Hell, most Metal Gears are more interesting looking than those. :P

Spoiler
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 25, 2013, 06:30:55 PM
Has you even played a PS2, nigra?
So you took that comment as serious?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You took mine as serious? :laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Touché!

Muramasa

Muramasa

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 25, 2013, 06:34:04 PM
In the subject of PS2... Metal Gear Ray is still a better mech design than these Del Toro robots... :P

Spoiler
[close]

Well it helps MGS that they have arguably the greatest mechanical designer of our generation. It's not like Yoji Shinkawas are a dime a dozen, you know?

"Pacific Rim" does feature some input from legends like Oscar Chichoni, though.

Anyway, I dig the poster - but here are some more reactions from the screening that are far more objective than the hyperbolic nonsense that the GL fan was babbling: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=76370

So basically, it's all action and spectacle but little to no time spent on writing up interesting characters or plot devices. Wow, riveting stuff!

I'm not saying this movie isn't going to be good or anything, but remember when people were proclaiming this would be a gamechanger of sorts? Yeah, not happening. At best, it's standard blockbuster fluff. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but considering we have enough of that already, I'm disappointed that Guillermo didn't try to make this something more meaningful.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

ARgh, it's a shame... as i quite enjoyed the script.... oh well.... guess it got changed too much on the way to the silver screen.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eh, I'll take Rian Johnson's word on the film.

Tough little S.O.B.

Tough little S.O.B.

the fact that there is people who enjoyed Prometheus, Godzilla, Green Lantern or Transformers leaves me with almost no hope for humanity....

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Yeah man, the idea that people have different taste in movies is awful. Not the fact that this coming generation is dumb as a f**king bag of rocks and drugged the f**k out, no no, that's fine. But enjoying different movies?! For shame.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Mar 25, 2013, 08:13:04 PM
the fact that there is people who enjoyed Prometheus, Godzilla, Green Lantern or Transformers leaves me with almost no hope for humanity....
Likewise with the fact that you bunched Prometheus with that lot.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 25, 2013, 06:34:04 PM

Spoiler
[close]

It's a shame Raiden turned him into a smoldering pile of scrap metal in MGRReveangence. :laugh:

Muramasa

Muramasa

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 25, 2013, 07:59:37 PM
Eh, I'll take Rian Johnson's word on the film.

Rian Johnson isn't exactly the world's greatest director either, dude. Yeah, he made "Looper", but he also made "Brick" and "The Brothers Bloom", the latter of which was straight up awful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed