Prometheus FanArt

Started by Darkoo, Mar 04, 2011, 08:37:12 PM

Author
Prometheus FanArt (Read 522,449 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

well, here below is my space jockey inspired by the direction that Giger might have gone if he went with his single legged/Sommelier knife type body Space Jockey body, in reaction to Prometheus and its Engineers.

And here are the rest of my most recent Space Jockey sketches http://alienpredalienadinfinitum.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/space-jockeys-with-sommelier-knife.html

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Looks great wmm!

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Omegazilla on Dec 18, 2013, 12:09:45 PM
Looks great wmm!

Thanks, if I do thirty five more near finalised renditions of this thing, I feel that I might be going somewhere with it.

Well, let's say seventy then

atlantis

atlantis

Excellent creation... I really like this

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 18, 2013, 12:00:46 PM
well, here below is my space jockey inspired by the direction that Giger might have gone if he went with his single legged/Sommelier knife type body Space Jockey body, in reaction to Prometheus and its Engineers.

And here are the rest of my most recent Space Jockey sketches http://alienpredalienadinfinitum.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/space-jockeys-with-sommelier-knife.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aNBoAttxUUw/UrGDX5NBu8I/AAAAAAAAJzk/EHB0EDbA1Ys/s800/spacejockey_0004.jpg

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

That Jockey would kill at hopscotch.

irn

irn

Those are great, wmmvrrvrrmm.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Amazing stuff. Gotta say, I'd never thought of incorporating that particular Giger idea into the Jockey. I like it a lot.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: irn on Dec 18, 2013, 04:18:23 PM
Those are great, wmmvrrvrrmm.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 18, 2013, 03:48:27 PM
That Jockey would kill at hopscotch.

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 18, 2013, 03:17:50 PM
Excellent creation... I really like this

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 18, 2013, 08:36:52 PM
Amazing stuff. Gotta say, I'd never thought of incorporating that particular Giger idea into the Jockey. I like it a lot.

Thanks everyone.

Well, it probably isn't ultimately easy to work out what sort of context Giger was having the ideas of the space jockey type beings with single lower limbs. I've thought about it for the last few years that he might have been thinking of the space jockey with a flexible single lower limb with a possible knee joint, and there are some images of other of these sorts of entities with a single lower leg, and then recently I came to have the realisation that the body might have been inspired by a Sommelier knife/corkscrew and that has been an unravelling point for me in my own little Space Jockey saga. So perhaps 99% of the work is trying to justify the idea of it via numerous Giger's drawings when no single one actually shows you the ultimate way it should be drawn. Then the foot of a similar type of entity in the Dolce Vita sketch on the back of the Biomechanics book certainly interested me because of it's flexible elongated quality.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I'm in love with your depictions of the space jockey.

They remind me much of Giger's pen art in sketches he did for Alien 3 and Prometheus.
---
WOW that entire blog has some of the best Alien art I've ever seen! You really captured the Giger aesthetic with stuff like your predalien concepts, and I like the inspiration in some of your art straight out of the Egyptian culture.  Bookmarked for sure.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 18, 2013, 10:30:36 PM

They remind me much of Giger's pen art in sketches he did for Alien 3 and Prometheus.
---
WOW that entire blog has some of the best Alien art I've ever seen! You really captured the Giger aesthetic with stuff like your predalien concepts, and I like the inspiration in some of your art straight out of the Egyptian culture.  Bookmarked for sure.

Thankyou, I acknowledge that this almost makes me tearful in light of the severity of the issues of what I have had to do to come to terms with these Giger-esque /Alien urges and unraveling where it seemed to be coming from, and I hope my technique will indeed get better. There have certainly been a lot of rough sketches drawn by me of these entities as I'm cluelessly trying to grasp ideas, perhaps too many. It is true though that Giger drew heavy inspiration from Egyptian art and trying to find his trail through that world has been very interesting. I think the next step is to do something interesting on Z Brush with these concepts.

atlantis

atlantis

ZBrush will rock to make those drawings as 3d models.... I will even try to make some with wings3d..if you dont mind..

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 18, 2013, 11:21:56 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 18, 2013, 10:30:36 PM

---

Thankyou, I acknowledge that this almost makes me tearful in light of the severity of the issues of what I have had to do to come to terms with these Giger-esque /Alien urges and unraveling where it seemed to be coming from, and I hope my technique will indeed get better. There have certainly been a lot of rough sketches drawn by me of these entities as I'm cluelessly trying to grasp ideas, perhaps too many. It is true though that Giger drew heavy inspiration from Egyptian art and trying to find his trail through that world has been very interesting. I think the next step is to do something interesting on Z Brush with these concepts.

Looking forward to your future adventures with Giger and his Alien.

I might as well pimp this here too, teaser image for the project that all my concept work is finally blooming into:

Haedo

irn

irn

Hey wmmvrrvrrmm. I was reading your blog there. Glad to see someone else saw some Alien-related inspiration while watching Gravity:)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Thanks, Cancerblack and Atlantis

Quote from: irn on Dec 20, 2013, 12:13:14 PM
Hey wmmvrrvrrmm. I was reading your blog there. Glad to see someone else saw some Alien-related inspiration while watching Gravity:)

Thanks indeed, yes, that movie certainly was quite a curious experience  for unlocking various strange mental discoveries, and there are still probably a couple more things floating around in my Gravity reveries to work on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed