The Blade Runner Thread

Started by Shasvre, Mar 03, 2011, 01:15:19 AM

Author
The Blade Runner Thread (Read 229,211 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2024, 02:57:22 PMFirst attempt at shooting this last year was to be in Ireland, now it's settled on Prauge. Will be interesting to see what we're in store for, visually, this time around.

Could be wrong, of course, but I don't expect 2099 to be set in LA.

Why not?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Feb 20, 2024, 11:25:02 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2024, 02:57:22 PMFirst attempt at shooting this last year was to be in Ireland, now it's settled on Prauge. Will be interesting to see what we're in store for, visually, this time around.

Could be wrong, of course, but I don't expect 2099 to be set in LA.

Why not?

Just a baseless guess, mostly. Curious to see what a new locale (maybe even one Off-World?) might look like.

SM

SM

It would've thought it would have to be either LA or an off world colony.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Feb 21, 2024, 01:10:17 AMor an off world colony.

It would be a nice expansion of the live-action lore.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

An off world colony would be interesting. I'm all for expanding the world more

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why would Blade Runners be operating off-world?  Their only job is to hunt down and retire Replicants that have illegally made it to Earth, right?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2024, 08:15:14 AMWhy would Blade Runners be operating off-world?  Their only job is to hunt down and retire Replicants that have illegally made it to Earth, right?

Yeah, I mean you should know right?

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2024, 08:15:14 AMWhy would Blade Runners be operating off-world?  Their only job is to hunt down and retire Replicants that have illegally made it to Earth, right?

The story could be following Replicants trying to get to Earth

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Things can change in 40 years!

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yes and no.

In first Blade Runner (year 2019) Nexus-6 (Tyrell Corporation) were hunted down and retired.

In Blade Runner 2049 Nexus-9 (Wallace Corporation), known for their obedience are part of society because prohibition got lifted. For example, K works for LAPD. Nexus-9 are slaves but they have their rights. If replicant breaks the law (either on Earth or off-world) then Blade Runner will deal with it, meaning arresting not retiring.

Also, upcoming BR series will take place in 2099, so we don't know what has changed since 2049.

Both, comic books (Titan Books) and RPG (Free League) are licensed by Alcon Entertainment. I'm guessing that tv series will follow the lore.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I want Blade Runner 2079 with a female protagonist and all that must mean.  Preferably Hunter Schafer please.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd like to see a Blade Runner movie that doesn't flop for a change.

SM

SM

The Blade Runner runs away from Earth because he is being hunted by another Blade Runner who thinks he's a replicant.

The title of the film is Blade Runners.

Gimme my damn cheque.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Apparently production will begin in June instead of April.

QuoteAlcon Entertainment and Ridley Scott Productions' limited series Blade Runner 2099 for Prime Video will shoot at the Czech Republic's Barrandov Studios in Prague from June.

https://www.kftv.com/news/2024/02/21/blade-runner-2099-filming-prague-dates-studio

And apparently will finish shooting by November

QuotePrague - The upcoming American series Blade Runner 2099 produced by Amazon, which will follow the two famous films Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049, will be filmed in the Czech Republic. It will be one of the most demanding projects produced in the Czech Republic and will include large-scale constructions in most studios of the Barrandov studio. This was stated by Pavlína Žipková, head of the Czech Film Commission, department of the State Cinematography Fund. According to the CEO of Barrandov Studio Petr Tiché, the creators could leave up to a billion crowns in the Czech Republic. The first season of the series should be filmed in the Barrand studios until November.

https://www.ceskenoviny.cz/zpravy/2482562

Ingwar

Ingwar

Very interesting take

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed