Tron 3

Started by Shasvre, Feb 03, 2011, 09:44:05 PM

Author
Tron 3 (Read 25,631 times)

ShadowPred

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Looks like MCP may be returning, judging by that teaser. Intriguing idea. He was a great villain in the original.

And Cellien, that concept's amazing. Great work.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 06, 2011, 03:24:27 AM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scifimediazone/news/?a=34715

The article made me laugh a lot.
It had for sure sold better than the films quoted in the article maybe because the marketing campaign was... 10 time bigger and maybe because they had a bigger budget?
And if the soundtrack sold well, it's probably because it was written 'Daft Punk' and not 'Tron Legacy Soundtrack'.
I'm pretty sure that if MJ would have done a soundtrack for a movie, it would have sold well too. Just sayin'...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

So... why are you bitching about it's success?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 06, 2011, 05:49:53 AM
It had for sure sold better than the films quoted in the article maybe because the marketing campaign was... 10 time bigger and maybe because they had a bigger budget?
Ten times bigger than Batman Begins and Star Trek? Horseshit.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 06, 2011, 03:24:27 AMBlah!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scifimediazone/news/?a=34715
Excellent news. ;D

MTV did a interview with director Joseph Kosinski.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/04/05/tron-legacy-director-joe-kosinski-on-blu-ray-tweaks-and-why-tron-3-will-be-like-the-dark-knight/

MTV NEWS: Which of course begs the question for another "Tron" — could you see yourself passing it off or is this your baby?

KOSINSKI: We're working on the story right now. Now that we've got the backstory out of the way and we know this world and we know these characters, there's a lot of freedom that comes with the next film. When you look at "Empire Strikes Back" or "The Dark Knight," sequels that were able to take the stories and characters to whole new places because you'd done all the hard work ahead of time, that's a really exciting thing. For now, I'll just say it's very exciting.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yes!

Hopefully over the weekend I finally have a chance to watch my Blu Rays

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 06, 2011, 05:55:17 AM
So... why are you bitching about it's success?

No, the answer to your question is in the first sentence of my previous post. I just had a good laugh. Laugh is wealthy by the way  :D

Quote from: SiLTen times bigger than Batman Begins and Star Trek? Horseshit.
Nah, it was in fact 1.634529149421824819421894209 bigger (that for sure makes more sense and we should talk about right numbers everytime don't you think?). The purpose was to increase the fact it had a larger marketing campaign. At least where I live (Paris) there weren't many posters, promotional items of Star Trek or Batman begins as Tron had. That's it.  ::)

Shasvre

Shasvre

As for the storyline, Kosinski says the film will continue the adventures of Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund)

"I think we will pick with where TRON: LEGACY left off with Quorra [Olivia Wilde]  in the real world and what does that mean and the possibilities it opens up for the next chapter. It's that relationship between the two of them that's the next step."

Also, the son of Dillinger (who makes a brief appearance in the beginning of TRON: LEGACY and played by an uncredited Cillian Murphy) could potentially play a bigger role too.

"Dillinger [David Warner] was a really important part of the first film and felt like an easy way to continue that storyline and thread to have his son in the new movie, " says Kosinski. " That way you have people ask those questions of what the Dillinger legacy is in the world of TRON. We didn't want to ignore it completely and it leaves a really nice springboard for some intertwining development for the next film."

http://www.assignmentx.com/2011/exclusive-tron-legacy-director-reveals-tron-3-tr3n-plans/

Sounds good. I would love to see more of the Dillinger's. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Sounds great! Can't wait to see what they do.

Even if Bridges isn't in it, I feel t hat Hedlund is a good enough actor to carry this film.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Wonder how many car crashes they caused driving that thing 'round.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 06, 2011, 12:07:21 PM
The purpose was to increase the fact it had a larger marketing campaign.
I understand hyperbole.

It's still horseshit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed