Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 153,513 times)

Mus

This sounds f**king stupid.

rycher

im thinking that this movie will be apart of the ALien series only with a different name.. and maybe just maybe Fox is keeping that from us till close to the release date...

piet11111

Maybe they thought the fans would not like an origin movie then they decide to throw out the alien to p*** of the fans then they announce its an alien origin movie again and the fans are so relieved to have the aliens back that they no longer care its an origin movie.

I quite like to see an origin movie if its done properly and with respect to established canon.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think Scott might troll our fandom :P. He is becoming the next Tite Kubo.

Meathead320

Its possible that the reason for the name change is to distance itself from a franchise that has grown stale to the public.

Still existing in the Alien universe, including the alien now, pehaps a version that used the Jocky for a host, bigger monster, not 100% what we saw in the past, to make it new, an alien xenomorph none the less.

But simply leaving the name "Alien" out of the title.

It could still breath new life into the series.

8thPassenger

One thing is for sure: I really don't know what to expect of this film anymore. Which might be a good thing, actually.

JK_Mion

I hope they add the Queen Mothers. I haven't seen enough of them.

Valaquen

Changing the title -removing Alien from it- focusing on larger concepts etc, is exactly what a prequel would need to not feel like its only existence is to put the derelict on LV426, plus it would freshen it up. Better than say, Alien 5 or whatever. It'll be a new beast.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A new Star Beast.

Nightlord

This is interesting to say the least. No point in complaining or getting my hopes up just yet until we get more information on what the movie will be like.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 28, 2011, 03:14:17 PM
Quote from: bleau on Jan 28, 2011, 04:26:21 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 28, 2011, 04:20:58 AM
Quote from: Jason: Professional Babysitter on Jan 28, 2011, 04:07:07 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 28, 2011, 04:04:38 AM
That doesn't mean it was warranted.

Every half-decent movie warrants a sequel. It's the law of cinema these days.  :-\

A sequel was possible but it wasn't necessary. Alien ended just fine where it was.

True, it did. But isn't it so much better having a whole series plus a prequel though. :laugh:

Not when the last two sequels were even more unecessary than the first sequel, the last one being especially stupid. Let's not make matters worse witha  prequel and ruining what little mystique is left.

Then it's easy, don't see it.

DoomRulz

Which is what I plan on doing.

Bishop2

I'm not comfortable with this halfway shit, personally. Either fold or go all-in, Ridley.

Highland

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jan 28, 2011, 08:14:08 PM
I'm not comfortable with this halfway shit, personally. Either fold or go all-in, Ridley.

I think this is what your after..

Hedge - To minimize or protect against the loss of by counterbalancing one transaction, such as a bet, against another

Can't say I blame him, we are one movie shy of Xenomorph happy meals "with free Space jockey toy"

(actually if they exist already, don't tell me)

Federick Gonsa

LMAO, I once thought how AVP happy meal toys would be if they ever got made. LOL I can only imagine a big headed alien, you push a button on its back and BOOM!, the tongue pops out in full force. The predator toy would be big headed as well, but if you press the button on its back, you'll see the 3 dot laser coming from the side of its mask. GOD I wish I was a kid, and they actually got made...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed