Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,057 times)

Sylizar

I`m excited if this STAYS true.

samoht

Quote from: Meathead320 on Jan 30, 2011, 05:52:39 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 30, 2011, 04:39:07 PM
Quote from: Meathead320 on Jan 30, 2011, 03:10:11 PM
I'm wondering about this title, "prometheus", name.

Prometheus was the greek titan who was chained to a big rock, as punishment by the gods.

Titan's could regrow missing parts, so he grows back his liver and each day then an eagle comes back to eat it again.

So now I've got this image in my head of some giant re-generating life form that is bound, and being facehugged + chest bursted every day.

Guess its a fast way to build up an army of a lot of big aliens too.  :D
The regeneration was part of his punishment, not a natural ability. Don't you people read your Aeschylus!?!  :laugh:

What do you mean "YOU PEOPLE" ?   >:(   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNnuiT0qek#

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

OMG  another negative person.....

sky have laways got reliable sources they claimed threy have seen parts of the script and have seen the space jockey and there spaceship so i think we will see spacejockeys in the film
[/quote]

Me negative? far from it, i'm only stating my interpretation of differentiating the solid facts of what we have been told by scott and fox to date, and what is speculation by media outlets. I have been a fan of the alien franchise for over 15 years, have read all the dark horse comics, seen all the movies and currently reading alien omnibus  by alan dean foster and have the alien anthology blu ray. I have been reading avp galaxy for a good few years, and its the best site to come to for lively discussions alongside fan ideas about prometheus. I don't detest the AVP movies, but i think fox delivered below average movies by using the wrong directors and poor scripts, if they had of used the comics storylines, the films would have been alot better. But regarding prometheus iam trying to keep it real and not mix speculation with facts, because that's when expectations become too high on the abundance of expecting see to things that won't end up in the final film.

Ash 937

The flame that Prometheus stole from the Gods and gave to humans was the start of their intellectual abilities.  Fire allowed early man to rise above the beast in the sense that he now had the ability to make artificial light and forge new weapons.  It essentially set them on new path of discovery and sophistication.  Prometheus was a symbol of knowledge to many ancient Greeks for this reason and I think this point is significant to the title of the film.  Fans of the alien series will finally get to know where the aliens and jockey originated from.

Needless to say, Prometheus was then punished for the theft of fire because Zeus thought that it would make mankind a bigger threat to the gods than he was comfortable with.  The vulture that eats his liver day-after-day could also symbolize the aliens that reoccur in one scenario after another in the four films that follow the prequel.  They will serve as a reminder that mankind should not tamper with things he wasn't meant to because, like the story of Prometheus, the consequences are horrific.

Or the film could just be about some guy named Prometheus who travels in space and gets into some mischief.  LOL.

Highland

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 31, 2011, 06:04:11 AM

Or the film could just be about some guy named Prometheus who travels in space and gets into some mischief.  LOL.

This. I love it when people come across as Plato when they just looked up wiki and had a 3 minute think about a connection.

MrFacehug

This is great news. I'd really like to see connections with the Alien movies. Maybe Prometheus will be a story aboutt he space jockeys in some way.

Fujimaster

its Ridley Scott. Just let him just work his magic (the magic i refer to is the the magic before his most recent movies) and we'll get an EPIC, even if its not an alien movie. However if it is linked to the alien universe it will just make the epicness even greater.

Valaquen

Quote from: Highland on Jan 31, 2011, 08:16:09 AM

This. I love it when people come across as Plato when they just looked up wiki and had a 3 minute think about a connection.
Plato had nowt to do with Prommy  :D Aeschylus and Hesiod, pr'haps!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Prometheus in the Greek Mythology is a Titan, son of Iapetus and Themis. He's known for his "robbery" of fire, which he gave to humans, disobeying to Zeus. To punish him, Zeus chained him to a mountain, and condemned him to have his liver eaten by an Eagle, only to have it regenerated the next day and having the cycle repeated. This until Heracles, following some myths, freed him and killed the Eagle.
The film could play out on something structurally similar.

DragonBossk

I'm certainly pleased with the idea of "big" aliens; everyone who reads the comics knows of the diversity of alien styles depending the the creature it impregnates (the rhino one I always found impressive).

Setting it in the same universe as Alien is a fresh idea, just bare in mind that this has gone wrong in the past with bad directors, e.g Soldier being set in the same universe as Blade Runner. I highly doubt Ridley will make a mistake as big as that though.

Ash 937

Quote from: Highland on Jan 31, 2011, 08:16:09 AM

This.  I love it when people come across as pompous and matter-of-factly when they can't even contribute to message boards properly.  Tool. 

::)

Darkoo

QuoteThe Evolution of Prometheus
It began as an Alien prequel, but after months of speculation Ridley Scott has finally settled on a form, and title, for Prometheus. Just to bring you up to date, however, we have assembled a timeline of the rumours, alleged script leaks and actual quotes about the film's development so that, when Prometheus finally rises, you'll know where it's coming from and be able to spot those "strands of Alien DNA" that we've been promised.

Sharp Sticks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed