The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 192,771 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Not strictly Lovecraft, but 'dem tentacles:

Cvalda

Cvalda

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

:laugh:

Sad that Lolthulhu is no longer active...

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 12, 2013, 03:23:09 PM
Not strictly Lovecraft, but 'dem tentacles:

8)

Quote from: maledoro on May 12, 2013, 02:25:22 PM

Ha, love it.

DoomRulz

Cvalda

Cvalda

Cvalda

Cvalda

I'm gonna start reading The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath tonight. I haven't really been crazy about the Dream Cycle stories so far, but hopefully it turns out to be a pleasant surprise.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Cvalda on May 17, 2013, 12:50:01 AM

I'm gonna start reading The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath tonight. I haven't really been crazy about the Dream Cycle stories so far, but hopefully it turns out to be a pleasant surprise.

There just... aren't any words. Cthulhu, pie and puns? This may be the greatest thing ever.

As for The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath, I hadn't read it until last year, but I actually really got into it. It's a very different tone, but what with the various cat elements and the behavior of the ghouls, it almost reads like the internet.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on May 17, 2013, 12:50:01 AM

Ha, saw that on Facebook earlier. Such an epic pie.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Finally finished The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath. That middle section is a nigh-unbearable slog, and seemingly every other paragraph includes the words "hippocephalic", "grotesque" or "supernal" -- and Nyarlathotep gives Bond villains a run for their money with arch monologuing. But the whole thing is wonderfully imaginative, with lots of great imagery, and you can't go wrong with a battle between night gaunts, moon-beasts and ghouls on a rocky spire in the middle of the ocean.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, some of the passages were long and devoid of commas -- kinda wonky to get through. Dream Quest was nice, though not specifically one pf my favourite works of his.

Also, Cats of Ulthar.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, Dream Quest could have used a little breathing room here and there. It sometimes reads like a "greatest hits" of his Dream Cycle stuff.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Have any of you seen this? It's a aninmation cartoon about the Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath and it's very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcHOsrQCdH8#ws

Shasvre

Shasvre

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Love that Mi-go!

Some wonderful Lovecraftian art by Allen Williams...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed