Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 120,214 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

...i feel kinda guilty of much i'm enjoying this shitstorm.

Valaquen

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 15, 2011, 07:04:39 PM
While it will probably turn out to be good, and while under any other circumstances I'd just be glad to see Ridley come back to sci-fi, I can't get excited about this movie anymore. We know that truly great science fiction can still be put together for the screen, but I don't want to see Scott's District 9 or Scott's Moon. I was just really looking forward to a third Alien movie I could watch on a regular basis, if all went well.

Eh. Guess now I need to find something else to put my misguided hopes and dreams into.
I getcha. Whether Scott wants it to or not, Prometheus will now forever be known as the former Alien prequel. If it turns out crap, then phew, but if it turns out great, then it'll be bittersweet.

ShadowPred

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 15, 2011, 07:10:01 PM
...i feel kinda guilty of much i'm enjoying this shitstorm.

I want to enjoy it, but honestly, I'm just waiting for this same bad news to hit the A:CM game.

SpaceMarines

This is coming out a few days after my birthday. Be a good thing to see, I think.

Sharp Sticks

March 9th is my birthday. So, 'happy birthday, I guess, we were going to get you an Alien Prequel but we didn't think you'd want one...'

DoomRulz

Why does everyone seem to think this is going to affect A: CM? The two projects aren't related.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 15, 2011, 08:08:28 PM
Why does everyone seem to think this is going to affect A: CM? The two projects aren't related.

I read an article indicating that CM's delay was due to the prequel coming, it's only logical to have a movie in cinemas and a video game, just like with Predators and the new AvP Game.

Now that they panned the prequel, i wouldnt be surprised if they cancel the game too. It was cancelled and/or delayed two times already, so...

Bio Mech Hunter

Oh, HELL NO!! This better be a legitimate Alien series prequel (a GOOD one)... or else...

If the script is bad, it needs to be re-written. Keep it an Alien film. For crying out loud, they can't throw us fans a frick'n bone?

dandan

why? ripley why? :( prequel could have been a great movie but no you had to spoil it didnt you! :( anyway you best make this movie epic or i am not going to be happy with you !

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

IF ALL THESE ARE TRUE....

1...Im really angry about it...he was talking about it ''how amazing it will be!!! engineers of space!!!...gods of crap..bla bla bla''
2...even if this new movie is better than Blade Runner,as others said it will always be remembered as the movie that killed the new alien movie
3...what i think is that Ridley understood that based to the script and his ideas couldn't make a really good alien movie as he promised,couldn't deliver....and as a smart person he is,he is acting like he suddenly had an epiphany for the new sci fi movie.
IMO he will take some ideas from the prequel and add them to the new movie script/Movie...and i dont care how muchl the atmosphere and directing style will be close to an alien movie...THIS WILL NOT BE AN ALIEN MOVIE!!  >:(

Smart guy he is ;D couldn't deliver the alien movie he was saying he would create ''as good as Cameron's alien2'' and so he trowed his gun down and left.

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 15, 2011, 08:08:28 PM

I don't.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteSmart guy he is ;D couldn't deliver the alien movie he was saying he would create ''as good as Cameron's alien2'' and so he trowed his gun down and left.

That makes him a smart man...and an incredible coward.

Especially after comments like "Cameron set the stone with Aliens, i'm not going to let that sit on me!"

Spidey3121

It's only the movie that killed the Alien prequel to the diehards like us... no one else will care. At most they'll simply find it interesting that this movie was spawned from a potential Alien movie. This wouldn't be the first time a prequel/sequel/remake has transformed into something new/different.

Vulhala

He's tainted my Anthology! I just read his introduction in the pamphlet that came with it, and actually said "YEAH f**kING RIGHT!" out loud.

Now my girlfriend thinks I'm a weirdo.

Eidotemit

If it makes you feel any better, she always thought you were a weirdo. She told me.

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed