Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 120,197 times)

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 18, 2011, 09:02:20 PM
It didn't, no one liked it.

Except Quentin Tarantino.

I haven't seen the film yet, so I must ask: how do you make a Robin Hood movie bad?

I'm sure I'm going to regret asking that.

Since WETA/KNB did the suits for Predators, we may be moving away from the ADI designs for future installments... :-\

Valaquen

Thank god.

SiL

SiL

Although after seeing what KNB did, it's actually possible to do worse.

Mad world.

stroggificated

Quote from: Predecai on Jan 18, 2011, 05:52:25 PM
What movie is the vid from, man?? >.<

Harsh Times

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 18, 2011, 08:53:03 PM

Redemption already came.
HAHAHAHAHA.

I trust you haven't seen American Gangster?

Vulhala

I thought AG was okay. Nothing amazing, but I liked it.

Space Sweeper

I liked it more on my second watch; first time I just wasn't in the mood, but the climax was so good that it made me love it. Also, the acting was phenomenal.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: SiL on Jan 18, 2011, 10:47:09 PM
Although after seeing what KNB did, it's actually possible to do worse.

Mad world.

But the Classic Predator looked --

Oh. The other Predator design.... :-X

Give me the AVP Predators any day.

chupacabras acheronsis

their BSP design sucked, but they know how to mimmick Winston magic, so that balances it out.

i trust them more.

Stagin 26

I think the interweb is trying to throw people off. Watch, there will be an Alien prequel. It's hard to keep people from leaking stuff now·a·days.

battyfan

battyfan

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 18, 2011, 05:50:27 PM
Quote from: battyfan on Jan 18, 2011, 03:41:10 PM
I think his best films were Aliens, Terminator 2 Judgement Day and The Terminator.
Same, but I'd throw in The Abyss too, and I really, really enjoyed the longest cut of Avatar.

Quotein Aliens they seem to be just really smart bugs.
thhhh....
http://alienseries.blogspot.com/2010/08/bug-hunt.html

QuoteI also heard that Cameron thought the creepy deleted 'cocoon' scene from Alien was "just dumb". That scene creeps me out way more than having a Queen (Although I still love Aliens the most out of the series)
He never said it was "just dumb," [but a few people involved with Alien thought it looked "horrible," another said it could have been a "terrible mistake" if included] but felt that because it wasn't actually in the movie, then he could add his own thing to the series. Very few writers/directors would abide by a deleted element when they have an oppurtunity to do their own thing.

Quoteand seems more, well.....Alien!

You just did not say that!  :laugh: It's become a meaningless term, maaan!

QuoteI think that Cameron is more logic bound (but what haven't we discovered yet?). Whereas I think Ridley Scott with Alien was about Atmosphere and that logic came second. I used to think Cameron was a absolute Genius. Now sadly I feel I'm losing faith in him (Although it's pretty hard to match what Giger came up with in the first place, and I remember Stan Lee saying a few years back that it's becoming harder to come up with new ideas and that he was lucky when he created Spider-man, The X-men, etc.).
Thankfully Alien is the way it is, but Cameron couldn't do what Scott did. It's just not his genre. Better stick to his strengths. And I had no problem with the first hour of Aliens where nothing Aliens-wise happens. The trek through the deserted colony is great. He's not as artistic as Scott, who often takes the time to absorb the world around him.
Thanks for setting me straight, I'm also very sorry to anyone who I may have upset or offended and to Mr. Cameron himself(although I'm sure people will just write me off as a idiot ;D). I'm just bitter about the state my personal life is in >:(. My hatred of Avatar comes from my Uncle who bashes alot of great movies that I and others like yet he seems to think what he says is right, and he thinks Avatar is the greatest movie ever made. I believe that there is no greatest movie ever made because of peoples different tastes. I forgot while writing my previous post that Dan O'Bannon and others conceived the Alien as having insect like qualites, I messed up big there, I mean it's right there on the great Anthology set! :laugh:
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 18, 2011, 05:50:27 PM
Quote from: battyfan on Jan 18, 2011, 03:41:10 PM
and seems more, well.....Alien!

You just did not say that!  :laugh: It's become a meaningless term, maaan!
I know I'm going to come across as a idiot but could you explain what you mean by that please? :-[

battyfan

battyfan

Quote from: stroggificated on Jan 18, 2011, 05:49:31 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Jan 17, 2011, 12:15:26 PM
Rather an extreme reaction don't you think?

And while I share everyones disappointment, AvP:R will not be the last time we see an Alien on-screen. This just means it probably won't be Ridley that does it. As if Hollywood will let the franchise die ::)

If anyone seriously thinks that, then you obviously haven't been paying attention to the movie industry these days at all.

It was the very last chance to make a brilliant movie with Scott and Giger. Fox said: Ridley Scott or no one." He wasted it. Such a opportunity wasted... I already saw myself in cinema watching this movie next year. The more i think about it the more i could freak out like... :-X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AciQwmN0Sk8#
Well, not exactly lulz

Now I don't know if i really want to see an Alien on screen. Thanks to FOX we probably get a remake in 10-20 years.
The Nostromo Crew will look like
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/texaschainsawmassacre_cast.jpg

and the Alien will look like
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/adibook/normal_adibook02.jpg

Omg, f**k that!
That's my worst fear! :o I'd rather see a sequel to Resurrection that redeems/lives up to the first 3 or 2 films, I think I've always felt that way. Although I think most of the stuff ADI has done looks cool but it never looks completely real or as terrifying as the original 3, what I love about their work since Resurrection is that they seem to be trying to go back to more of a giger design. I noticed with the hands, shoulders and hips that they seem to be trying to hide that the creature is just a man in a suit. I never wanted an AVP movie or a prequel (although Scott and Giger being involved just sounded to good not to be excited about a prequel).

BTW love the Bale Video. I'm Christian Bale fan, but I still love to laugh with others when we see him go crazy angry :laugh:

lozzy.94

so is this like a spin off to alien ?

Valaquen

Quote from: battyfan on Jan 19, 2011, 08:55:54 AM
I know I'm going to come across as a idiot but could you explain what you mean by that please? :-[
:laugh: It's just whenever someone here wants to describe a facet of the original Alien they write, almost verbatim, "it's more, well ... alien!" It's almost a catchphrase.
No foul  ;D

Vulhala

???

That's an Alien concept to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed