AvP Requiem Reviews Roundup

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 03:44:54 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Reviews Roundup (Read 33,468 times)

herrwest

herrwest

I just got back from the movie and thought it was better than what the critics have been saying.  However, during the fighting scenes it was much too dark to get a good sense of what was going on.  I also thought the lone Predator could have met with Predator survivors from the ship, that way we could have seen some Aliens killing Predators.

Darkness

Darkness

A common problem is that people seem to be finding the movie really dark.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I can't think of any thing to say anymore    :-\  

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

Darkness.  First of all hi.  Second what do you thaught of AVPR?

Darkness

Darkness

It doesn't come out here until January 18th.    >:D  

SciFiToys101

SciFiToys101

Just saw the movie. OK at best and I was really looking forward to it. As others have stated, much too dark picture wise. The lighting is so low you can barely see the details done by the fine special effects artists. I enjoyed seeing the Aliens & Predator again, but I'll be enjoying the first one more on DVD more than this one. Story was OK, acting was OK, pacing should have been better and the direction could have been done better by and average film student. The hard R could have easily been lowered to a PG-13 without loosing any impact on the film.

Sgt. Johnson

Sgt. Johnson

. people make movies for die hard fans to enjoy. not critics. AVP-R was made or us the fans. we shouldnt change our mind about the films we enjoy because some rich jackass says so.

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

Can you see it in USA at least. I am a Mexican and I am seeing it in the USA.    :)  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

@ Rafael S.  Me, Hicks and Darkness all like in the UK, we have to wait about 3 weeks before it is released here    :(  

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

Oh!  Thanks for the info you guys ans sorry for asking is that you are huge fans and I want to know what you think of these movie that is suppose to be "a bad one".    ;)  

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I just saw it, was pretty damn good, not perfect by any means, but quite enjoyable none the less.

Wipley

Wipley

The only few things that were bad about it that i thought were that It was too Dark and that the movie moved way too fast. Hell remember those first five minutes of the movie we saw? THAT IS ACTUALLY HOW IT PLAYED OUT!!!! They said it would be longer but it sure as hell wasn't THAT much longer. No offence to the Strause Bros, I really like what they did with the movie and I still plan to buy it on DvD. But those two things were my biggest beefs with it. But great job none the less, the acting wasn't too terribly bad as some people thought

Daunty

Daunty

@Corporal Hicks : I was actually thinking the same thing.    ;D  

Venenoso

Venenoso

wow Darkness, that efilmcritic review you just linked to is VERY negative, there's not one positive thing in it, and the guy doesn't sound like a retard like the one from comingsoon.net - Not good news.. it's limited HOW many bad reviews one can read about one movie, without getting a bit skeptical    :-\    I still sincerely doubt it's gonna be worse than AvP though... so that's one positive thing I guess..

topman

topman

diny forget about me guys! i live in the uk as well but all these negative reviews are puttin me off!! i had a feeling that this movie will not meet the standard required by  real fans who want more then just gore! this is AVP 1 all over again!! BUT still im gonna see the movie by not paying for it   ;)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed